Start Menu Not Working in Windows 11

Brass Contributor

I updated from windows 10 to windows 11 recently. From then start menu is not working when i click on windows key 

windows_user_0-1633145301602.png Its not working just stays the same i cant see the list of apps. But Search is working

7 Replies
I am having the same issue, so I rolled back to windows 10
I had the same issue with my laptop Asus Zenbook Flip 13 OLED (UX363, 11th Gen Intel), i spend 2 hours with Microsoft customer support and they didn't figure it out,
finally read something about display driver, so this is what I did.
I download the latest Graphics driver from Asus website, restarted the computer.
then i removed the display driver from Device manager, the start menu works, after that i updated the display driver and start menu is working perfectly.
I hope this helps
Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-start-menu-not-working-in-windows-11

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.
I tried all of that and it didn't work

@Bahesh_Shenoy I had to dl the iso image and do a fresh clean install to get the start menu to work microspft told me its a known issue with upgrading.

In My case I Had No File in register no start menu register i created one and did a lot of restart and it worked please try How to Fix 'Windows 11 Start Menu Not Working' Issue? (nerdschalk.com) this link i did a lot of methods from this please refer. IT SHOULD WORK!..