Something is up with windows 11 and startup

Copper Contributor

well. I started up my computer today and log in and get directed to a black screen. all my startup apps start up there but nothing happens. Then half an hour later the wallpaper loads and so does the taskbar but it shows up with windows 10 taskbar and not the windows 11 taskbar. The windows button doesnt work and microsoft store doesnt start up. ive checked explorer.exe is running and ive restarted it. pls help me

37 Replies
is there really no fix. do i actually have to reset
Did you install any program or make any changes to your PC, before this problem started?
Are you able to search for programs or open any program?
Well. I can open the windows start menu. (Just it is not the windows 11 one, which is weird). The only app I cant open is Microsoft Store. But when i press system in control panel. it freezes and says. Explorer has stopped working.
No i have not made any changes. The change I did was move to win 11
Are you able to open Feedback Hub app?
If yes, try report this issue using the Feedback Hub app.
Open Command Prompt as administrator and type the following command:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and let it runs.

@Reza_Ameri Hey. I have done the command 5 times before i saw your comment. and the feedback hub doesnt open up. soooo

But this is what the taskbar looks like

Then When I press the settings icon it looks  like this

What happens when you attempt to open the Feedback Hub app?
Is there any error message?
Try perform Clean Boot, take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
And see if the problem persist.
Well. No. When i open up feedback hub. Nothing happens. Like the Microsoft Store.
I performed a clean boot and it is the same. Nothing. I have to open everything through task manager
I also do not want to reset my laptop. Unless i keep all my files and apps.
Try open Settings and under System->Recovery, under on Advanced startup, click on Restart now.
Then boot into Safe Mode and see if the problem persist?
I Boot it into safe mode and it loads straight away (but the windows 10 bar and wifi doesnt work). So Now i am confused. I also did a scan in there but it said there were no violations. I come back to normal windows (still nothing there.)
wait the windows bar works just not the wifi
Yes, in the Safe Mode there are limitation in accessing resources.
I advise you to perform a Clean Boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
ThinBucket82549 replied to Reza_Ameri
‎Sep 01 2021 03:29 PM

Well. No. When i open up feedback hub. Nothing happens. Like the Microsoft Store.
I performed a clean boot and it is the same. Nothing. I have to open everything through task manager.

I have alraedy tried this and uninstalled 50 apps
How about in Safe Mode, did you manage to open any application in Safe Mode?
Do you have access to other Windows 10 device?
Try boot in Safe Mode with Networking and connect to LAN and try run Windows Update.
Well. I still can't open Feedback Hub and Microsoft Store. But i currently dont have access to a LAN cable at the moment
Are you able to update the Windows?