SOLVED

[SOLVED] Windows store downloads and updates the Removed built-in apps

MVP

UPDATE: SOLVED, wasn't a problem in the first place, see the answer below:

Windows store downloads and updates the Removed built-in apps. These removed apps include 3D viewer, one note, mixed reality portal, mobile plans and such. I had removed them normally by right clicking on them and choosing uninstall.

removed apps are appearing in Windows Store and are being updated But their icons or names don't show up in the Windows search or start menu, As If they are Not installed.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

There was no problem with the store.
I didn't realize and notice it but I have 2 user accounts on my computer, on the main one I removed the built in apps I didn't need but on the other user account that i had newly created, all of the built in apps were pre installed. I didn't notice that so I thought Windows store is updating the deleted apps but in fact it was correctly updating installed apps, because all of the user accounts on a computer share the same app updates which is very good considering that you only download and update apps once and they are applied to all local user accounts.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

There was no problem with the store.
I didn't realize and notice it but I have 2 user accounts on my computer, on the main one I removed the built in apps I didn't need but on the other user account that i had newly created, all of the built in apps were pre installed. I didn't notice that so I thought Windows store is updating the deleted apps but in fact it was correctly updating installed apps, because all of the user accounts on a computer share the same app updates which is very good considering that you only download and update apps once and they are applied to all local user accounts.

View solution in original post