Snipping tool not working. Certain programs cannot be uninstalled

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm in the beta channel. I'm on 22h2 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

the snipping tool let's me take a screenshot but the notification no longer shows up so I can't save the screen shot. it does copy to lcipboard till

additionally i thought the new version with video or gif recording was aviable but don't see it

additionally i cannot uninstall maps or voice reecorder

5 Replies
I would do an in place update to fix this. All you need to do is download the insider iso and run it. Make sure to just click update on the file. It will only fix messed up parts of the windows and will not affect any data you have stored.

@Ethan_Garfinkle this isn't the same as sfc /scannow?

That script is to fix corrupt files on windows. An in place update reinstalls all necessary files and permissions to make sure that it is like a fresh file or folder. This will remove any issues and revert any bad changes made. What I mean by this is that if a system file or folder was screwed up this update will repair it.

I have done this when my store app got corrupt and broke on me. I tried all steps to fix and nothing work. Did the iso in place update and everything was instantly fixed.
I'm also having the same issue with Windows 10.0.22621. I press the button "PrtSc" to activate the upper bar snipping tool, once I take the screenshot (a portion of the screen for example) nothing happens. I went to my Users screenshot folder, nothing saved there as well. As per previous version we were getting a popup asking to save the screenshot in a preferred location, now we are not getting that.
Go to the app data for program and click repair or restet. Easy way is to right click and select app settings