Screen Crash Bug In Windows 11

Copper Contributor

I recently updated to windows 11 and I found that there is a screen crash bug. sometimes the screen goes black and also it continues to be shaking. (as per the attached video shows)  The only option is to restart. Other than that update is totally Great. I also discovered that when we close the application is still running in the task manager like file explore. Need solutions. 

8 Replies
Does it only happens when you open a application?
Does your problem solve when you perform a restart?
Try open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Open Windows Update and check for update and see if there is any pending updates?
Try visit your device's manufacturer website and download and install the latest graphic card driver.
It happens when the computer is used for a few hours. after that, if we try to do more it happens. after restarting the problem is okay for another hours. I reported to the Feedback Hub also but didn't get a proper answer yet. All windows updates are up to date. but can't install the driver from Dell Support assist after the 11 Update.
You don't have to use the Dell Support Assist, you may just visit the Dell support website and search for the model of your device and download the driver from there.
yeah, I checked for updates yesterday via web and all are up to date anyway I download and install the graphic driver again still didn't get the problem. ut not sure.
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
I have the same issue, but it happens on all three monitors. It usually results in an app crashing (so far MediaMonkey5 and VLC, so I'm wondering if there's an error in the DX layer of the latest Win 11 build). Like OP, restarting clears the problem, but only for a couple of hours.

Everything on my system is kept updated. I reinstalled the latest GeForce driver just to try something, but it's made no difference.

I'll go through the troubleshooter now...

I am having the same issues. My computer was updated to Windows 11 yesterday. It will run fine for a couple of hours and then the screen turns black. Sometimes it comes back, but then the fonts are pixelated. When it doesn't come back I need to hit control/alt/del and a shut down icon appears in the lower right hand side of the screen. I have checked the HP website for updated drivers, but they don't offer any for Windows 11. I also do not have a "troubleshoot" option on the Windows Update screen.

@PeggyL My problems seem to have resolved themselves - without a definite resolution... I hope you manage to work it out too :)