Remove Windows 11 updates

Copper Contributor

I have removed myself on the Insider program both on the web site and on the device however it is still showing that there is still a pending update for Windows 11.

It appears the problem started on Sept 16, 2021. It started the download and hung up at 6%.

Please have this removed as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 

1 Reply
I have tried many things to stop that crazy cycle, even to the point where Microsoft HelpDesk via remote-desktop tried to stop ALL updates (stopped netsvc service) until I challenged that move. After 90 minutes of waste, I was back to square one. It is a TWO (2) prong effort. #1 is the unsubscribing from IP. #2 prong that worked for me is this:
2021/09 OPTION ONE:
Enable or Disable Windows Insider Program Build Settings in Local Group Policy Editor for up to Version 1703
The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.
1Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
2In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and open Data Collection and Preview Builds. (see screenshot below)
3In the right pane of Data Collection and Preview Builds, double click/tap on Toggle user control over Insider builds to edit it. (see screenshot above)
4Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.
5. To Disable Windows Insider Program Build Settings for up to Version 1703
A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below.
This policy setting determines whether users can get preview builds of Windows, by configuring controls in Settings > Update and security > Windows Insider Program.
If you enable or do not configure this policy setting, users can download and install preview builds of Windows by configuring Windows Insider Program settings.
If you disable this policy setting, Windows Insider Program settings will be unavailable to users through the Settings app.
This policy is only supported up to Windows 10, Version 1703. Please use 'Manage preview builds' under 'Windows Update for Business' for newer Windows 10 versions.
From <https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/63585-enable-disable-insider-build-settings-windows-10-a.html>
OPTION TWO
Enable or Disable Windows Insider Program Build Settings using a REG File for up to Version 1703
The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PreviewBuilds
AllowBuildPreview DWORD
0 = Disable
1 or (delete) = Enable
From <https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/63585-enable-disable-insider-build-settings-windows-10-a.html>