Regarding update Windows 11 Insider Preview 22621.1 (ni_release)

Copper Contributor

The mentioned Update in the subject line crashes while installing every time at 40% leaving the following error- Install error - 0x80070001. The update is getting downloaded but crashes while installing BTW I installed windows 11 after buying the laptop. 
System Specs-

• Ram-16 GB
  • Memory- 1TB SSD
  • 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
  • 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Specs-

• Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language
  • Version 21H2
  • Installed on ‎03-‎11-‎2021
  • OS build 22000.588
  • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.588.0

Please help me resolve this issue.Screenshot (35).png

18 Replies
FYI I have tried almost every fix for this error. Replacing the file names deleting the caches etc.

@shindesiddhesh9167  hey, i have the same problem, did you find any solution?

@Paris_Costa hi! Thanks for replying.
I haven't yet found any solution to the problem.
Please let me know if you do.
I did try switching the Insider setting to Release Preview but that installed a different update and not the one I have specified. It still displays the same error for the beta channel.

I also faced the same problem.I downloaded it several times but I received the same error 

@shindesiddhesh9167 

@shindesiddhesh9167 Have anyone found any solution for this problem please let me know

Hey! I tried going through this process it aint working either! Have you any other solution please let me know
Same here! Please let me know if you find any too!
how, please explain whole process

@shindesiddhesh9167 Try installing using the ISO, this worked for me. I created a bootable USB using Rufus and clicked into the files within the USB where I clicked setup.exe.

Here is the link and instructions:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso

I just tried this but it gets all the way to "making sure your pc has enough space" and instantly fails with the following message "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing Windows 11. Try restarting Setup". I do have enough space (428GB on my C drive)
I just did an in-place upgrade of my installation of Windows 11 (Beta) from Build 22593 with the Insider ISO. It actually does work with no fuss at all; even without Rufus (and without a USB). The ISO mounts itself and the setup does its magic just like any other Windows Feature Update.

You just need some more space (like 5GB) cz you're downloading the whole OS and using just some of its elements to make it update, so you've gotta bear with it.

I guess Microsoft won't fix it anytime soon and downloading the ISO was the only possible solution (for me).
I would try a clean boot, disconnect any additional drives you have connected and install using the ISO.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

If that didn't work, make another admin user account on your PC and try installing using the ISO on that account.
Hi,
Thanks Aron.
Will try your method.
Will get back to you if it still doest work
I tried with the ISO, but it keeps saying, "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11. Try restarting Setup" I'm currently on a Windows 11 system with over a terabyte of space, and I'm trying to download Windows 11 Insider Preview 22621.1, which the the Windows auto update can't complete.

@zschlappi 

Are you running the ISO from within Windows (aka mounting the iso and running setup.exe) or are you booting from it?

@arnavmoreHello I don't manage to update neither, I tried ISO 22621 indeed installing an older ISO is a nice idea, just a question: where did you find it? Thanks much

@Okedokey  I think from the windows - should I throw it in usb stick and restart instead?