Provide an 'Edit with Paint' context option on right-clicking a picture file

Copper Contributor

This is a feature I have wanted since Windows XP, and would save me a great deal of frustration;
Instead, I need to right-click a file, and select 'Open With', then browse for paint, if it hasn't been used yet.

There are a great deal of situations where this is productive, though in particular if I need to open an image file, while having an 'Open with' window open for another application.

An alternative solution would be an 'open file location' right-click context option, that opens the folder the file is in, such that I can use the file from the file explorer, though admittedly this is a lot more time-consuming b/c it will require closing the file explorer.

An EVEN BETTER solution, would be to provide customization of the context options provided by right-click for all file extensions, but I am looking to open picture files in paint predominantly, because I have to edit images frequently while I am in a word document.

2 Replies

@KyleTM 

Hi, please use this app there register your suggestion it will be the right place - there Microsoft engineers will analyze it

Get Feedback Hub - Microsoft Store