Problems with windows insider

Copper Contributor

Hello, I switched to windows insider mode, but by mistake I gave the DEV and not the beta. now I can not change channel and tells me that the only solution is to reinstall windows from factory. I have NO drives to save my personal files and I can not lose them, any solution? thanks?

1 Reply
Hey Damontz,
Step 1.) Backup your pc to your OneDrive account
Step 2.) Navigate to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/ISOs and find the link for the insider ISO, once there you'll need to login with the Insider Account you registered with, and you will be presented with a list of the ISO downloadable files.
Step 3.) Either Grab the Windows 11 Beta, or a Windows 10 Stable ISO and download it.
Step 4.) Click on the downloadable file and at the bottom of the file menu you should see the name of the version you downloaded in a setup file. Double-Click to run, when presented with the what to keep option select nothing, also kindly note that if you select keep my personal files, you may not be able to fully restore your version back to an original state, I would advise to remove everything.
Step 5.) When reinstalling youll be able to select restore from onedrive once you add your sign-in info.

Hope this helps,
Please let me know if you run into trouble and ill be happy to help