SOLVED

problem with PC hardware not supporting windows 11

Copper Contributor

I get a message that my PC does not meet the min hardware requirements but no specifics. How can I see what exactly is not met? 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Trevor_Rusher (Community Manager)
Solution

Hello @Lachezar2205,

Following are the basic requirements for Windows 11:

• Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
  • RAM: 4 GB or above
  • Storage: More than 64 GB
  • System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
  • TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
  • Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
  • Display: High definition 720p display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel

You can manually check, if your system meet all of these requirements. Most of information can be confirmed from System summary available by running msinfo32.exe command.

Hope this helps!

Are you upgrading through the Windows Insider program?

@Reza_Ameri Yes I tried that but it wouldn't let me due to tpm 2.0. My PC is like 6 years old but very fast with good hardware and it seems stupid to not be able to use Windows due to tpm only.
I have an ssd and an hdd and the hdd is using MBR, so wondering if that doesn't allow me to enable secure boot? 

Do you see a message preventing you from the upgrade?
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Yes, I see the message about tpm2 and I think feedback brought me here or on the path to here. Anyway, close this case. I just wanted to know why tpm 2 is required for PC. It makes no sense to me, maybe for laptops yes, but PC...

@Lachezar2205  Hi!

I have good news for you confirmed by Microsoft - Windows10 updates for 5 more years are provided and there will be no need for TPM 2.0.
so you don't need to install Windows11 with new requirements.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Trevor_Rusher (Community Manager)
Solution

Hello @Lachezar2205,

Following are the basic requirements for Windows 11:

• Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
  • RAM: 4 GB or above
  • Storage: More than 64 GB
  • System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
  • TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
  • Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
  • Display: High definition 720p display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel

You can manually check, if your system meet all of these requirements. Most of information can be confirmed from System summary available by running msinfo32.exe command.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post