physical keyboard is not working

Copper Contributor

when i update this version (Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25151.1010 (rs_prerelease)) i can't able to use my physical keyboard, i can access only virtual keyboard ....... i don't know the reason.

Can any body help me out on this to solve this issue?

12 Replies
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
I know it is difficult with virtual keyboard, but you may add brief explanation about keyboard not working.

@Reza_Ameri 

I have done all the possible ways , still the issue Is same. So I have downgraded to previous version. I have reported to feedback hub also they said to contact here. So i posted here. That update is insider program( Pre release)

Have you tried performing a Clean Boot?
Have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
Have you tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it?
I will try to perform clean boot,

Yes, I have uninstalled the keyboard driver also still the issue is same.

Anyway i will try clean boot.
Try the Clean Boot and please share the result.

@Reza_Ameri 

Still the issue is same even after clean boot :frowning_face::frowning_face:

Just now got one More update it is fixed. Thanks for yr help :raising_hands:
So, the update has solve the issue, is that correct?
Yep

@saisrinivas1232 

I continue the have the same or similar problem. Surface Pro X 1st gen works fine with an external keyboard in the dock, but if I attache the Type Cover my screen on the Surface turns off, will come back on if I removed it. If I boot with it connected Windows Hello will not active the camera until I remove it. And if I get into Windows 11 with attached I cannot type or see any lights on the keyboard, but the Surface does detect it. Ordered a new Type Cover to see if my issue is the keyboard itself, but it feel like the recent updates messed me up. I am on the Beta track now and have all available updates.

Glad, thank you for sharing.
Thank you for sharing.
It is better to ask a new question.
I also recommend post your issue on the Surface forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum