No Internet after upgrading to v24H2 Release Preview

Copper Contributor

20240618_061512.jpg

Upgraded to v24H2 RP and no internet. Have reported this previously on here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5502 about 3 years old. Had to roll back to v23H2.

I cannot report the 'reason why you are rolling back' as there is no internet. 

I have updated all the drivers via Dell Supportassist. However it looks like the problem is 'Network services is not running as expected. Network services has stopped' The service cannot be restarted.

Does anyone have advice on this please?

7 Replies
Check Network Adapter Settings: Sometimes, network adapters might get disabled during an update. You can enable them by navigating to Settings > Network & internet > Advanced network settings, and then enable your network adapter​ (Windows Central)​.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Network adapter is enabled. Have also tried network troubleshooter and device manager (removing WLAN and reinstalling). All drivers are up to date (Dell website). Have gone to services.msc and tried to start Network Services without success. Windows is just 'unable to start Network services'.

Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Turn off your computer and unplug your router for about a minute before plugging it back in and restarting your computer.
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Click on Network troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
Ensure that all cables are properly connected if you are using a wired connection. For wireless connections, make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to the correct network.
The WiFi adapter is turned on. There is no internet available on settings / network and internet - what I mean is only bluetooth is shown - there is no WiFi or Ethernet shown it simply does not exist. Rolling back to V23H2 is the only fix.
The above image is the output of the network troubleshooter.