New security features now available in Windows Insider Preview Build 16232 for PC

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!

Today we're excited to release WIndows Insider Preview Build 16232 for PC. Earlier this week, we announced new end-to-end security features coming with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and this build for PC includes some of those new security features.

We've summarized information for a few of the new features below, but be sure to visit the WIndows Insider Blog for the full details and more information on changes, improvements and fixes for PC.

Introducing Exploit Protection
We’ve heard your feedback regarding the upcoming EMET EOL, so we’re excited to announce that starting with this build you can now audit, configure, and manage Windows system and application exploit mitigation settings right from the Windows Defender Security Center! 

Introducing Controlled folder access in Windows Defender Antivirus
In this build, we’re making it easier for you to protect valuable data from malicious apps and threats, such as ransomware. To enable the feature, search for and open the Windows Defender Security Center from Start, go to the Virus & threat protection settings section, and set the switch to On.

Windows Defender Application Guard now includes support for Microsoft Edge data persistence

Building on our work in Build 16188, we have added support for Microsoft Edge data persistence while using Application Guard. Once enabled, data such as your favorites, cookies, and saved passwords will be persisted across Application Guard sessions. Want to know more?  Take a look at this new Microsoft Mechanics video.

Have a great day and THANK YOU for being a Windows Insider!

Michelle

6 Replies
New version Windows 10 Version 16232 Update corupted entire windows program and computer. I need helpful advice. Can't run fix in DOS because it is write protected NTFS file

With 16232 fingerprint Hello and keyboard lighting are gone. "Windows Hello is not available on this device". Tablet mode is available but not useful since display is not touch-enabled. Device capabilities may not be recognized correctly.

This issue has been logged in the feedback hub app. If you have any further details or information to add, could you kindly search for the feedback, add the details and then upvote the bug?

Thank you!

Hi Ellen,

Could you please provide more information (repro steps, screenshots) for us and also file this issue in the Feedback Hub App?

I've reached out to an engineer and he's asked for more information so he can troubleshoot this for you.

Thanks so much

Michelle

I think I know how to fix your computer / Windows:
When your computer restarts, or you turn on your computer, press F8, or Shift + F8 continuously on your keyboard. It should take you to something called the "Windows Recovery Wizard" (or something similar). From there, you can choose to do System Restore or Startup Repair or you can choose to "Refresh your PC" through the Advanced Recovery Options. I advise you to do "Refresh your PC", as that is the only thing that worked for me when my Windows had some problem. However, you might lose the apps that you had installed on your computer or you might lose everything on your computer, depending on what you choose to keep while your PC is being refreshed.