SOLVED

My Windows 10 keeps downloading insider builds although I had left the insider program

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 pro - 22H2 - 19045.2311

I had joined the insider program before and installed Windows 11. But I reverted back to Windows 10 (system > recovery > go back) and I left the insider program too some days ago.

But now my Windows 10 still starts downloading the preview build (windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22621.1037 (ni_release)),
Screenshots are attached

14 Replies

Hi @faisal95bd 

" But I reverted back to Windows 10 (system > recovery > go back) and I left the insider"

Explain how you came back to Windows10 - this is important in solving your problem?

Hi @A1 

While I was on Windows 11, I went to System > Recovery. Under Recovery options, clicked Go back.

@faisal95bd 

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

Only a clean install of Windows10 removes settings and Windows11, System Restore and leaves files, personal settings and apps still leaving Insider settings.

@A1 so I had to do a clean install of Windows 10? :face_with_rolling_eyes:

@faisal95bd 

"Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10."

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Hi @A1

I'm not certain if you're clear about my issue or not.
- I was using win10, I joined the insider program and then from settings > update: I updated to win11
- I was using win11, but I didn't like it. So, I rolled back to win10 by this procedure https://bit.ly/3G696GJ
- Then I left the insider program too (screenshots are attached in my post)
- Now, the issue is: in my win10 when I go to settings > update: it keeps downloading win11 preview build (Screenshot_376.png), but I already left the insider program

@faisal95bd 

In this way, you can only roll back the stable version of Windows11

@Kapil Arya 

Hi, could you please help , the user used your guide, for rolling back the Insider version, but still has insider program settings and update instances repeat.

Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Even if you leaved WI program on your system, it seems the configuration entries of WI remain intact somewhere in the system. If you want a stable Windows 10 system (without any preview build), you must do a clean install of Windows 10 as suggested by @A1.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Unfortunately, leaving the Insider program is often a big problem and certainly performing a clean installation of Windows is almost always a necessity and you should definitely not participate in this computer that are for daily work as productive!

Thanks again.

best response confirmed by faisal95bd (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@faisal95bd 

I found a discussion for you where there is a simple solution - please check if it works for you?

Re: Unable to stop Windows 11 update - Page 2 - Microsoft Community Hub

Thanks a lot! I will follow that post.

But one hour ago I went to the settings > updates, and now suddenly it's downloading win10 updates. He he may be its fixed automatically. strange... https://ibb.co/tX1ZXKp

Will see what's the outcome tomorrow.
The outcome wasn't good and it didn't fix automatically. It came back again after the next day.

Finally, this solved my issue "OPTION ONE - Enable or Disable Windows Insider Program Build Settings in Local Group Policy Editor"
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/63585-enable-disable-insider-build-settings-windows-10-a.html

Thanks @A1 for the help

@faisal95bd  Thank for your shoutout. I have solved this issue on my computer. :victory_hand::collision:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by faisal95bd (Copper Contributor)