My taskbar overflow is gone after latest update

Copper Contributor

I had an update today and now my taskbar overflow box is gone. How do I restore it? 

27 Replies
I'm facing exactly the same issue. Nothing seems to work and is even harder to find anything on the web that could fix this.
Already tried DISM, sfc, chkdsk, but nothing works.
I am working with Windows 10 Pro and am currently having the same issue. I've tried all the fixes above with no avail. In the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" section of settings, toggling icons on/off does nothing.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION: right click on your taskbar > click on taskbar settings > click on 'other system tray icons' > click on the first option 'hidden icon menu' > toggle that to on and overflow will be restored 

@elleighet I am unfortunately not seeing the 'other system tray icons' on my task bar settings.  Could you provide a screenshot?

I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and my Taskbar Settings look nothing like that :( Not sure if it's just not an option on my operating system or maybe is disabled by our IT??
Same issue here.. MS needs to step it up with WIN11, way to buggy for this stage

@CDub3030 

I have multi monitor set up. And noticed that the notification tray only shows on the main monitor even though task bar is showing on all monitors.