SOLVED

My laptop won't turn off after update

Copper Contributor

When I try to shut down my laptop Windows shuts down but the laptop does not turns off. After a while (couple seconds) it rebbots Windows, Anyone has similar problem?

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Kubabanka (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-wont-shut-down

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Hi @Kubabanka 

I think this is okay - implementing an update is a long process, depending on the performance of your computer, it's best to leave the power on and wait, then try these steps:

Laptop Stuck On Shutting Down | 8 Quick Fixes & Prevention (netbooknews.com)

"

In the latest releases of windows OS, Microsoft has ensured that one computer on network has downloaded updates; there is no need for other PC’s on the network to download the same updates.

Rather, other computers will get the updates from that computer.

Unfortunately, if it happens that your laptop is the one from which other computers on the network are fetching updates, it won’t shut down.

The laptop will behave as if frozen at the blue shut down screen until others finish updating."

Are you using Insider build?
Does the restart option work as expect?
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
I will report that as I believe that this is a big issue. Thank you for suggesting it!
I believe that there was misunderstanding. My update went fine. After it the computeer would not shut down.
Thank you very much! It seems that fast booting was a culprit! I will report the bug to microsoft using feedback app.
Glad it is resolved, thanks for update!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kubabanka (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-wont-shut-down

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

View solution in original post