missing "windows update" menu in windows 11? how to fix it?

Copper Contributor

how to bring up the "windows update" menu in windows 11?how to bring up the "windows update" menu in windows 11?

how to bring up the "windows update" menu in windows 11?

13 Replies
Click where it says "Windows Update" in the upper right corner of that screen.

@Greg Heuing 

ike this. I installed this on virtualbox, there is a menu below the left but on my computer it doesn't appear.ike this. I installed this on virtualbox, there is a menu below the left but on my computer it doesn't appear.

When I first launch Settings after a reboot, mine looks like your first screen (no "Windows Update" in the menu on the left), but in the upper right corner there is a "Windows Update" status. When I click that, it takes me to the Windows Update page and the Windows Update menu item appears.
I've clicked in the upper right corner but can't.

@masfe12 Did you fix this? Same issue here... 

Hi any fix for this? I upgraded today, and i am missing this option as well in the settings

@Michal_Vano 

little update : found solution via regedit
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

key SettingsPageVisibility and either delete content of this key or delete the key itself, in my case i had like 15 menu options hidden via this

Thanks for this solution
Try to re-register Settings app:

1. Open administrative Windows PowerShell.

2. In PowerShell window, type/paste following cmdlet and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

3. Let the command complete.

Let us know if this helps!

@Michal_Vano 

perfect, this worked a treat for me, just deleted the keey and boom, windows update back, cheers 4 this post

Thank you, my 3 months problem solved :)

@Kapil Arya 

drcrista_0429_0-1699882840040.png

Could you please let me know what the next step is?

You need to open Windows PowerShell as "administrator" to avoid this error.