Microsoft Store

Brass Contributor

Since yesterday my Microsoft Store shows it's the preview version, any idea why this would have happened?

19 Replies

@PurSpyk 

Hello, I think there is no reason to worry.
Is something wrong?
What version of Windows do you have?
The Microsoft Store is being improved!

Are you using Windows Insider?
Where do you see the preview version?
Normally, preview version should work but some features might be under testing.
Windows 11, build 22000.527, nothing wrong just odd how in the morning it didn't say preview and then a few hours later with no updates it showed preview
Preview is in the title bar, top left corner (Microsoft Store PREVIEW)

@PurSpyk 

Everything is fine preview application - it is already proven and safe (some computers receive updates earlier before the official release)
This is needed to analyze supplementation for everyone.
You're definitely not in the Insider program and you can enjoy the Microsoft Store!
Good luck

Hello,
As per you info that your device OS Build number is 22000.527 which means your device is installed with Win11 Insider Preview Build in Beta Channel, that's why your Microsoft Store having a tag with PREVIEW.

@Little_Joe 

Friend, this is not true!

Builds 22.527 -> can be downloaded by any user and does not need to be registered in the insider program.

These are optional builds available through the update section

Microsoft is gradually making them available to all users - this is obvious!

February 15, 2022—KB5010414 (OS Build 22000.527) Preview (microsoft.com)

@A1,

Okay, KB5010414 indeed is available to download but have you notice the "Preview" tag???

Little_Joe_0-1646032150380.png

Currently, anyone can download this version - because it has been reviewed.
All previews are made available in this way

@A1 , 

Anyway... The thing is that as long as your device is joined WIP program with Win11 your Microsoft Store version should be updated to 22202.1402.2.0 or above then should have a PREVIEW tag shows up.

Hello,
Could you pls press Windows logo key + R to run with "Winver" or go to Settings > System > about to provide a screenshot for us?

@PurSpyk 

Could u pls check your MS Store app are the same version as below?

Little_Joe_0-1646034584445.png

@PurSpyk 

Thank you for confirming that you are not on the Insider program.
Best regards

@Little_Joe 

I have this version on many computers with a stable version of windows10 - so I explain that you do not need to be in the insider program and Microsoft Store works well and I recommend this version to everyone.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-28 100621.png

haha, maybe their changes this... My memories still recall that this need to be joined WIP.

@Little_Joe 

Just that you do not have to!
But this discussion will definitely help confirm that Windows10 is being updated in parallel with Windows11 - This is great information!
I haven't thought about it before.

lol, for sure yes the MS Store so far is developing under parallel for both Win10 & Win11.
yes, same version