microsoft defender problem: 0x8007042c

Copper Contributor

I couldn't access microsoft defender. It says "Some settings cannot be changed in Microsoft Firewall. Error code: 0x8007042c" I looked for it many times but couldn't solve this problem. I tried to turn on services, restart the computer, using recovery tools, uninstall other vaccines, and etc. Now, I can't use lots windows apps. Plz help me ASAP

ps. I'm Korean user so you may not understand korean but I'm sure the attached picture would be helpful.

9 Replies

Hello @soengho0428,

Can you please confirm following services are running on your system:

• Windows Defender Firewall
  • Base Filtering Engine 

Regards.

@Kapil Arya 

I'can't start the services.

+If possible, can you help with remote support?

@soengho0428, I couldn't understand the error message on screenshot. Can you translate that.

Regards.

translate: Failed to start bfe service on local machine.
Error 0x80320009: An object with that GUID or LUID already exists.
if you can't understand, you can tell me.

If you haven't scanned your computer for viruses or malware recently, we strongly recommend that you do this. You can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
Go to the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Safety Scanner
Click Download Now. Follow the instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When you are prompted, save the file to your desktop.
When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click Next two times.
Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click Next two times.

Click Quick Scan, then click Next.
Click Quick Scan, then click Next.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner will scan your computer and remove all malware.
Click Start, and then type Windows Firewall in the Search programs and files box (Windows 7) or in the Start search box (Windows Vista).
Click the Windows Firewall.
In the navigation pane (left pane) of Control Panel, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
In the navigation pane (left pane) of Control Panel, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.

Click Turn on Windows Firewall for each network location, and then click OK.
Click Turn on Windows Firewall for each network location, and then click OK.

If you still receive error 0x8007042c when you try to turn on Windows Firewall

still doesn't work...

Still happening to me. How is it malware ten seconds after I install the os???