Jun 03 2020 08:11 PM - edited Jun 04 2020 04:50 AM
Jun 03 2020 08:11 PM - edited Jun 04 2020 04:50 AM
I just registered today, on this site, just for me to be able to rant and ask for help. So, when I upgraded to the November 2019 updated, it broke my search capabilities, and many windows errors happened. So I did not revert back, cause I was like waiting for them to update to a new one and probably fix the many errors after few months, but then I heard of news for May 2020 update, and goodness grief, I ordered a new SSD, so I can install the new update, and make my computer faster. I waited for May 2020 update so it could fix my search problem, until I updated using May 2020 ISO clean installer. But there had been so many errors. I have updated all my drivers and make sure windows update are updated but here are the problems:
1. No matter what, I cannot sign in on my STICKY NOTES. Where my important notes are written, because they are saved on cloud and not on my pc. but how can I access them now if signing in is impossible.
2. Keep On Top, some application stays on top, for example I pressed certain file explorer and it won't keep on top of notepad. Sometimes I click notepad, and it won't go on top of a file explorer. I can hold and drag, but it won't go on top like normal.
3. SOUND IS BROKEN. While I was moving my files on May 28, cause I finally have downloaded the ISO from Microsoft site, I was listening to music, and my left and right sound of my earphone work well. Until I format my laptop, installed the new ISO, and then the sound, is broken. No matter how hard I try to adjust my earphone's input, only the right ear has sound, and the left has very soft sound. I plugged it to other laptop and it works, and plugged it on my phone and it works. You have broken my sound/music listening experience.
4. IRRESPONSIVENESS, LAGGING, STUCK. there are moments I'm using file explorer, chrome application, microsoft edge, that I tried to click, but it won't respond at all, it won't do anything, it won't allow me to do much, not resize, not click anything, but I have to wait for mercy. It's not happening before in previous windows update, I can easily kill anything not responding, but even trying to open control alt delete option won't show, let alone trying to make something resize or whatsoever, they happen multiple times on different application.
5. When you pin an application on Windows Start Menu, the "Pin To Start" doesn't change to "Unpin From Start" so you have no Idea, if you have successfully pinned something or not, just a little thing but bugs me, so I have to check on Start Menu to know if it is really indeed pinned or not. Even you click many times, the Pin To Start will not change to Unpin From Start.
6. Browsing using chrome and edge, both lags and freezes playing videos.
7. VLC MEDIA PLAYER freezes, not responding when you try to press space, or click it. Almost all application respond that way. I mean doesn't respond at all with your clicks and presses. And you have no choice but to kill them.
8. I TOLD MYSELF, THE NOVEMBER 2019 UPDATE WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I MADE, AND i will never update again, but lo and behold, I updated, and the MAY 2020 update tops the November.
9. Please fix this, I need all things fixed. I hope someday you have patches to release, that will break again my laptop/OS, so I can be joyful that you guys are good at breaking things. Nah, just kidding, just please fix these things for me, cause I waited for years for this update to come, only to see it will break even more my desktop work experience.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-KIHM191
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model X555LB
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2197 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X555LB.603, 5/6/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product X555LB
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1"
User Name DESKTOP-KIHM191\kalxn
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 11.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.36 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 8.20 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
Jun 05 2020 06:42 AM
@kalxn Sorry you are having issues. I appreciate the effort in this post, but would ask that you file each of this issues as feedback (separately) in the Feedback Hub (Win+F). Also, would recommend moving this post over to the Windows 10 section as this is for the Windows Insider Program. Build 19041 is now retail and is no longer an Insider build.
Jun 05 2020 07:06 AM
@kalxn other than updating Windows, you have to make sure apps are updates , so open Microsoft Store and check for updates for apps. For issue with sound, right click on sound icon and click Troubleshoot sound problems and restart your PC and if problem persist, report them through Feedback Hub app.
Jun 05 2020 04:59 PM
Thank you for your kind words, yeah, I did post it on Windows 10, and no one is responding. And yeah, I am a windows insider as well, but not part of the tech community. Technically this was as well the ISO the Windows Insider Program was using and released, so I just thought I could put it here as well.
Jun 06 2020 06:45 AM
@kalxn in such a case, report all of them through Feedback Hub app , so Windows team could investigate the problem.
Jun 08 2020 06:34 AMSolution
@kalxn You are correct, these were Insider builds. Feedback Hub is designed to report issues and make suggestions back to Microsoft Engineering Teams. Feedback left there may not always result in changes. As it is not a service desk you may not receive responses quickly. If you have an issue with a public retail release you have a few options:
1. Post in Tech Community under Windows 10. NOTE: It's not necessarily wrong to post in the Insiders Community as someone may have an answer here.
2. Post in the Answers Forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum
3. Use the GetHelp app in Windows 10
4. Reach out to @MicrosoftHelps on Twitter
5. Visit the Microsoft Support website https://support.microsoft.com
Hope this is helpful.
Jun 08 2020 05:45 PM
Extremely Helpful Sir Eddie. As it was my first time to join the community. I learned well.