Copper Contributor

Hello

i had recently bought a new pc
Intel i5 9400f
ram 16gb
RTX 2060 Super

however ive experienced a major fps drops while i play the game

every 10-20 sec the game will have a drop in fps down to single digits 3-8fps
the game is not even high end game (2003 game)

Ive done everything i could possibly do
reinstall everything/updated all software to the latest patch
formated my pc twice
change Graphic card

all are useless

then i noticed, 

one particular thing, the issues only started when i updated my windows 10
once i clean format my pc, i paused the update = issues gone

then the windows autoupdated itself after few days = problem came back

is the latest update unstable? Windows 20H2 update - ive read few other people having similar issues = only told to update their softwares,then the thread is lock/consider closed --> not helping

kindly help and advice me

in this matter
thank you

16 Replies
Having the same issue. Still no immediate solution

@S-Mie 

Try report this issue to your device vendor.

Open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

In this case, Windows team would be able to investigate the issue.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

My device vendor? Really? Are you from this planet man? I bought my laptop 4 years ago on a different country. 

I got it solved anyway, by installing every available windows update I could find. I had to use the manual installer though, because updates were freezing to download on windows update for some reason,

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri-Archived wrote:

@S-Mie 

Try report this issue to your device vendor.

Open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

In this case, Windows team would be able to investigate the issue.

device vendor and feedback hub? wut. they don't have access.

@tomarnocu 

Hi,

that's good you got it solved, if I may ask, by manual installer do you mean that you searched for the KB number of an update like a cumulative update and downloaded it manually?

@tomarnocu 

Even in case your device is too old and out of supported, you still would be able to report the issue. In some case you may post the issue in their forums and volunteer experts will answer your question even if your device is out of warranty and glad your issue has been solved.

@HotCakeX 

The question posted in Windows 10 forum and it is an issue with Windows 10 and therefore advising user to share issue in Feedback Hub is valid and recommended and this way Windows team would be able to view log files and investigate the issue.

I also asked about device vendor, because some of them will still response to questions from old models but they might not provide technical support for out of warranty devices.

I am not sure what do you mean by "they don't have access."

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri-Archived wrote:

@HotCakeX 

The question posted in Windows 10 forum and it is an issue with Windows 10 and therefore advising user to share issue in Feedback Hub is valid and recommended and this way Windows team would be able to view log files and investigate the issue.

I also asked about device vendor, because some of them will still response to questions from old models but they might not provide technical support for out of warranty devices.

I am not sure what do you mean by "they don't have access."

Device vendors don't have access to the Feedback hub app data. only the public data.

not every problem needs to be posted in feedback hub app. in this case it's better to troubleshoot and find and solve the cause of the problem. obviously this problem is not universal (not everyone is experiencing it).

and as you can see, the solution was simple, installing available updates from Windows update.

this problem could potentially get lost in the feedback hub's pile of data and plus it's a one-way thing for the most part, not really for tech support.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

My friend, contacting my vendor? really? Its an extremely specific issue, obviously caused by an windows update. If anyone should know what went wrong is MICROSOFT, no my DEVICE VENDOR. Unless a computer didn't work right after purchase, no one is going to contact his "device vendor". This is exactly the typical useless, impersonal, generalist, bull**bleep** customer support Microsoft always had, and it will never change. Really a mystery how you got so big.

@HotCakeX 

No, nothing so fancy. I just paused the intrinsic windows update on settings and downloaded the "windows update assistant" (or something like that). Took about 4h to donwload and install everything, but in the end everything was running smoothly. 

@tomarnocu 

Spoiler

@tomarnocu wrote:

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

My friend, contacting my vendor? really? Its an extremely specific issue, obviously caused by an windows update. If anyone should know what went wrong is MICROSOFT, no my DEVICE VENDOR. Unless a computer didn't work right after purchase, no one is going to contact his "device vendor". This is exactly the typical useless, impersonal, generalist, bull**bleep** customer support Microsoft always had, and it will never change. Really a mystery how you got so big.

neither me nor him are in any way related to Microsoft, we're just regular users like you :)

@tomarnocu 

@tomarnocu wrote:

@HotCakeX 

No, nothing so fancy. I just paused the intrinsic windows update on settings and downloaded the "windows update assistant" (or something like that). Took about 4h to donwload and install everything, but in the end everything was running smoothly. 

Interesting, there is also this page here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

lets you download Windows 10 ISO file, or download a tool to force update/upgrade Windows 10 

@HotCakeX 

It is recommendation by Windows team to submit everything through Feedback Hub, of course we shall recommend users to follow basic troubleshooting steps and also report issue. Windows team will review all feedbacks and they will be used to improve Windows. Vendors don't have access to Feedback Hub but in case let say it is driver issue or issue with vendors, Microsoft will keep in touch with them to solve the issue. 

@tomarnocu 

Software vendors will also provides support for the operating system too.

From what you explained , it might have been issue with the driver too.

Not everything is recommended to be posted in Feedback hub. specially when there are huge piles of spam and unrelated/off-topic posts in there, it could be a dead end. I'm talking from experience.

if Microsoft recommends it, they better do something about those problems first.

Why is windows doing like this bruh seriously after this update I'm getting 1 fps frame by frame I used to get solid 80 fps in a game like valorant. Pls do something and fix this update. You don't understand how serious it is