Low download speeds on Windows 11 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22593.1)

Copper Contributor

I am an Insider program user, currently on the beta channel. My download speeds have reduced to half after the latest update but my other devices which are on the previous build version have no such issues. Please help me out ASAP.

17 Replies
Just confirm you observed this behavior since you upgraded to this build, is that correct?
If that is the case, try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Try update your Network driver too.
Yes, I did observe this behaviour since I upgraded to this build. Just reported this issue on the Feedback Hub app. I did try uninstalling and updating my network driver as suggested by the tech support but it didn't work. Thanks for your help, is there anything else I can try?
Try uninstall your network driver and restart your PC to use Windows default network driver and see if you see any different.
Try perform Clean Boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

I tried uninstalling the network driver and I did perform a Clean Boot but it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. Is there a way to change the insider settings and switch to "Release Preview" instead of the "Beta channel" without erasing all my data? 

But there is one thing that worked for me which is to set the Limit reservable bandwidth tounder QoS Packet Scheduler inside Local Group Policy Editor.

Yes, you may switch to the Release Preview.
You may open Windows Update and go to Windows Insider Program and select Release Preview under Chose your insider setting.
It's not allowing me to switch to "Release Preview" but my problem is fixed now with some "Local Group Policy Editor" changes. Thank you so much for your help.
Is the option disable?
Since you report it using the Feedback Hub app, the Windows team will investigate it.

@Reza_Ameri 

I Did a network speedtest on my wifi and ethernet adapter BEFORE the 22H2 update...I can confirm that my network speed tests dropped by 1/2 after the update.  I have tried to update all drivers, and reset the network and NOTHING has helped.

Please advise

Open CMD and enter this command. ipconfig/flushdns
It may fix your issue and also report this issue in feedback hub.
Thanks Ali...I tried this and still am having issues, unfortunately! Any other ideas are requested! thanks!
Then I only can say you to report issue in feedback hub.
Yep my speeds are much lower as well

@SDMF 

Yes, I experienced this issue lately. Reported it on Feedback Hub App as well. The support team instructed me to update my drivers. But tbh none of these worked in my case.

I can't believe this was reported when it was in beta and Microsoft still released it. Now I'm stuck with slow internet and I can't roll back.
please can you share the settings u had changed if you can remember. im suffering the same issue and its really bugging me.

@Agoga007 If you can I would roll back the update unless too many days have passed. the latest beta insider preview brought back some of the speed for me but I'm still 50% less than my overall speed on this particular computer. 

im cant revert sadly its really annoying me im not even half where i should be