leave the insider program after reinstalling W11

Copper Contributor

hi there

I tried leaving the insider program.  I followed this help thread from earlier

How to leave the Windows Insider Program if the option is greyed - Microsoft Community

I reinstalled windows 11 last night. But somehow I am still getting the preview downloads and continue to be unable to leave the program.

6 Replies

Hi,@DVargas1730 

"I reinstalled windows 11 last night. But somehow I am still getting the preview downloads and continue to be unable to leave the program."

Please explain what steps you have taken?

What build do you have now?

Without this information, I can not answer anything.

Hi @A1 

I've just reinstalled W11 to a full new install -removed all settings etc.  I've attached images showing set up information.  W update still downloding prerelease!!!!Screen Shot 05-07-23 at 10.38 AM.PNGScreen Shot 05-07-23 at 10.39 AM 001.PNGScreen Shot 05-07-23 at 10.39 AM.PNGScreen Shot 05-07-23 at 10.40 AM.PNG

@DVargas1730 

But this is the latest version of Dev. so you only reinstalled the Insider version

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 | Windows Insider Blog

@DVargas1730 

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

Only performing a clean installation of the stable version of Win11, will remove the settings and instances of the insider update, if you do not log in to insider again with this computer - you will only receive public updates.

Windows 11 Clean Installation (microsoft.com)

I do not wish to have any Dev or insiders previews. As pointed out I already done a clean reinstall. I've also done the removal of the email account but still getting it!!!

A bit much if i also have to create a media install tool for something that take a couple of clicks to get into. I feel hostage to MS and its wonderful Windows software

@DVargas1730 

In this case, this is the only option - to install stable Windows11.

Of course you're right! Microsoft should simplify the process - I'm trying to help - I'm just a user and I understand your frustration!

Best regards