KB5006050 Update bugged big time

Brass Contributor

Do not update with update KB5006050. Its extremely bugged. Taskbar gone, computer super slow, programs dont work, chrome dont work, cant use any settings. If anyone updated with this update, do a system recovery and it will fix the issue. If you go into the update and it starts to automatically update, pause it and dont let it update. There is multiple people having the same issue as me. I repeat,  DONT DOWNLOAD KB5006050. Save the hassle and stay with the current windows 11 build

47 Replies

@Xvenom82 cant do system recovery cause task bar is gone. Any help?

@8Seconds seems like the new update got problem with the date 3rd September. For temporary fix just change the system date to 4th September via Control Panel, then reboot the PC. Everything will start working again.

I had this exact issue and had to perform a system restore, then create a new user.
Do Ctrl-Alt-Del and select Task Manager. (Click on "More details" at the bottom if it is there) Click on File - Run new task. Then type "control.exe" (no quotes) and tick "Create this task with administrative privileges." Then click OK. From there, you can search for Advanced System Settings, and open the System Restore dialog. Let me know if this works for you.

tried a few of the fixes, the one that worked for me was updating the time, rebooting and changing the time again (so i could continue my zoom meeting) to fix the authentication error caused by the now incorrect time

Yeah I've got the problems, and I fix it by installing the windows by ISO file I've downloaded. And I run by click the "setup.exe" file, but when I click the file manager I must wait for more than 20 seconds to open it.

@mariosamego 

Same here, taskbar had disappaered and chrome messed up, used system retore which remove KB5006050 and rebooted, all now OK

@a_plastic_bag sorry for the delay man but i checked the subreddit and it all worked out fine. Thx for helping!

The following seems to be the best working method right now:
1. Open task manager with CTRL + Shift + ESC or CTRL + ALT + DEL -> Task manager
2. From task manager, go to File > Run New Task
3. In the new box, type, "Control" then press "Ok"
4. In the control panel, under "Programs", click "Uninstall a program".
5. Of the left sidebar, click "View installed updates", then choose any updates that start with "KB500" or "22000". Uninstall each one, then restart. (You might be forced to restart after uninstalling each update, in that case you might have to repeat steps 1-5 again to get into control panel and uninstall the next update)

You should at least have most operations available at this point. If control panel refuses to open during the above steps, follow the steps below, then retry the steps above.

To only get the taskbar back without rolling back updates:
1. Open task manager with CTRL + Shift + ESC or CTRL + ALT + DEL -> Task manager
2. From task manager, go to File > Run New Task
3. In the new box, type, "Control" then press "Ok"
4. In the control panel, navigate to "Clock and Region" > "Set the time and date" > "Change date and time..."
5. Use the calendar layout to select tomorrow's date, then press "Ok", then "Apply", then "Ok".
6. Press Win + L to return to the lock screen, then sign back into your account.
7. You should have your taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. If not, try restarting.

Now that you have the taskbar and explorer back, you can try different recovery methods unhindered (For the most part).

This is all brand new, and some of these steps might not work at all for you. Reply back if something doesn't work or if you find a better way! We are making incredible progress together y'all.
yup i fixed already but ty for trying to help
I just updated my laptop PC with KB5006050, with no issues at all.
... on some computers only, not on mine.
wdym my pc is fine with this update idk why you guys are having so many issues

@traxworks Bro how did you recover your system, like there is no roll back in my system as I am using windows 11 public beta. 

Used system restore to roll back update (shift plus shutdown at login gets back to recovery options)

@Darkknight1625 

@Xvenom82 

KB5006050 Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta Build 22000.176 - Sept. 2
Sept 03 2021 at 1:13 PM

UPDATE 7:10PM PDT: Recently, Windows Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels began reporting that Start and Taskbar were unresponsive and Settings and other areas of the OS wouldn’t load. We quickly discovered an issue with a server-side deployment that went out to Insiders and canceled that deployment. If you were impacted by this issue, you can use the following steps to get back into a working state on your PC.
Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
Step 5: Paste the following: reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.

how do I do that my Taskbar is gone?
on my other computers when I go to the Taskbar it then goes to a black screen it did fix my laptop