Is there a way to download a video from Vimeo on Windows?

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for a way to download videos from Vimeo onto a Windows PC, but I'm struggling to find a suitable solution. I want to avoid online tools because I'm concerned about the prevalence of ads and potential security risks. I'm searching for a reliable software that allows me to download high-quality videos safely. Any recommendations for software or methods that meet these criteria would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

@Gonzalez170 

From my experience, I've found 4K Video Downloader to be a reliable option for downloading videos from Vimeo onto a Windows PC. It's straightforward to use: just copy the video URL, paste it into the software, and select the quality you want. I appreciate that it doesn’t come with annoying ads or security risks, as long as you download it from the official site.

Another method I’ve used is JDownloader. It's a bit more complex but very powerful. After installing, you simply copy the Vimeo video link, and JDownloader will detect it automatically. It offers a lot of customization in terms of download settings, which is great if you want more control over your downloads.

Both methods have worked well for me, providing high-quality video downloads without the issues commonly found in online tools.

@Gonzalez170 

You can use the Vimeo Downloader extension for Chrome or Firefox to download videos from Vimeo. Such as Vimeo Downloader extension (for Chrome) or Mozilla Add-ons (for Firefox).

Vimeo Downloader browser extension also does a good job, I suggest you try it. It worked for me twice, and it successfully downloaded videos from Vimeo for me. The best part is that the video quality hasn't changed at all.
I don't know why anyone would recommend online websites to download a video from Vimeo on Windows. It isn't correct. Many online software downloaders are bundled with malware or viruses that can compromise your computer's security.