Intel UHD 620 Vidoe Driver Issue with Win10 Insider Rev 17686

Copper Contributor

Lenovo X1 Carbon G6 (Brand New)

Windows 10 Preview 17686

Intel UHD 620 Driver 24.20.100.6136

I have updated everything to the latest (Win10, Firmware, Drivers, etc.), and when I install the Intel Video Driver, and after reboot it won't load anything but the generic Msft VGA driver. This is killing me, because I can't use any external monitors! 

I have tried using previous versions, Deleting the video Adapter in Device Manager, etc. Also running Vantage, and even the Intel Driver Utility... 

Any suggestions? Other than wait for Intel to  release a newer driver?

3 Replies

Tried upgrading to Win10 Insider Preview .17892 and

@Chris Hawkins wrote:

Lenovo X1 Carbon G6 (Brand New)

Windows 10 Preview 17686

Intel UHD 620 Driver 24.20.100.6136

I have updated everything to the latest (Win10, Firmware, Drivers, etc.), and when I install the Intel Video Driver, and after reboot it won't load anything but the generic Msft VGA driver. This is killing me, because I can't use any external monitors! 

I have tried using previous versions, Deleting the video Adapter in Device Manager, etc. Also running Vantage, and even the Intel Driver Utility... 

Any suggestions? Other than wait for Intel to  release a newer driver?

it green screened on the Windows Video Driver portion (42%),...

The Intel Driver .1636 is really jamming me up here!!!!\

I can report that my external monitor, Philips UltraClear 288P, stopped working after this (24.20.100.6136) update. However, a Dell monitor I use at home still works.

I'm running Windows 10 1803 on a Surface Pro 4.

Updating to the current versions of both Win10 and UHD620 resolved this known issue.