Integrate Windows 11 Calendar App with Windows as windows 10 had

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the great upgrade of Windows 11. But for the calendar app, I am a little confused. I was highly dependent on the calendar app provided in windows 10 like many. But for windows 11, it is a little different and sometimes confusing.

Currently, if we need to add a new event to the calendar, we have to go to the web if we click on add a new event button which is frustrating I think. I new pop up box for creating events of if the calendar app pops up after clicking the add new event button, would be great.

image.png

Another thing is I was getting notifications for upcoming events and can check today's events by clicking on the right bottom side of the desktop. But now we are unable to check events on going there. I think that was the most convenient way.

image.png

Can anyone please suggest if Microsoft is planning to add those 2 features from Windows 10?

Thanks

1 Reply

Ah yes, no they got removed, why? Because they are FANTASTIC at building operating systems!

Literally everyone wants the win10 calendar taskbar app back, everyone.
OH but you can use the calendar app, or "ThE nEw OuTlOoK" and you can very easily sync calendar events from your gmail account..... doo they then get displayed in the calendar from the bottom right ? Nope!
Oh but you can use the outlook widget from the left corner, right?
NAH MAN YOU NEED AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT!
Even if you ALREADY have the event data synced from gmail, the widget does not display it, because "Can't show events from this account".

Thanks Microsoft.

Their focus is not here, on the OS users, they have so much more "things" they have their claws into.
Microsoft is big. It dreams even bigger. The OS doesn't matter to them anymore. It's something too simple. They want to monetize all of it so this is what they do.
They want your data, they want your time, money, and users on their services.

They don't care about making a good, simple & functional OS anymore.

Good job, Microsoft! I Hope all your products die a painful death!

Maybe just make a good OS and stop there next time?
Keep making a good OS and that's it, not every product and company needs to scale massively and sell you the solution to every single thing.

You don't need to make an app for everything, just a good OS...