in windows update- preview program saying no meet the minimum spec requirement, see attached PC spec

7 Replies
Hello, it’s at settings- windows update- insider program there is a notification/warning saying it

@zdsawyer280 

Thank you
I have already disabled all notifications for so long - because they are not needed for me, but of course the update went well?
these notifications are useless!

I have the same probem with my laptop... looks like microsoft dropped support for all 7th gen core i7 processors and i think thats crazy..
i on a ultraslim asus zenbook3 quad core i7 with 1tb pcie ssd and 16gb ram.... the performance is alot more then i´ll ever need in a work laptop for many years.. but no windows11.. why?
the intel core i7-7500U processor is the best performance to power ratio laptop i´v found.... great performance and low power usage...

@TheThor 

Hi!
this is my private opinion - windows11 is in the Dev channel. and Beta out so until spring 2022 everything could change, Microsoft currently also produces pCs that don't have specifications for win11.

Yes, mutch will change, hopfully 7th gen intel core i7 processors will be supported later, i can't see any technical issue that would compromise security or something like that.
I´m installing Insider beta channel right now on the said laptop Asus Zenbook3 UX390UAK ,Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100.
Not meeting recommended settings but i think it should work, hopefully i can contribute with something to others with similar processors.
// Thor

@TheThor 

Preview Build 22000.100.
unfortunately for now for beta and dev channel. is the same version and therefore there are warnings !
There are a lot of problems migrating to Windows11 and assessing that this version is extremely flawed.
It is better to wait for fixes
Andrew