i can't update to windows 11

Copper Contributor

i ran the PC health check software to see if my PC was capable of running windows 11,it checked out fine, after i link my Microsoft account and done that upcoming steps i got a message to restart, but after restart i can't get windows 11 update.. i have to do the previous steps again but same happen over and over.. how can i get windows 11?

7 Replies
Hello
Is it the Insider program?
Is it about a stable version of Windows11?

@A1  yes i tried through insider programme

@Dhyan_nadeera 

Now you can install the stable version, using the media creation tool.

If you are new to the Insider program, switch to the RP channel and try to install a stable version - I would do so.

please write what you think? 

ok bro.. thanks.. now i have activated windows.. but when i download and install via media creation tool do i have to activate windows 11 again? 

If you have activations connected to a Microsoft account and a digital license - everything should work without a problem.

Before you install Windows 11, it’s a good idea to save any work and back up your PC before you start. If you used the Media Creation Tool to download an ISO file for Windows 11, remember to burn it to a DVD before following these steps:

Attach the USB flash drive or insert the DVD on the PC where you want to install Windows 11.
Restart your PC.
If your PC does not automatically boot to the USB or DVD media, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC's BIOS or UEFI settings.
To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you'll typically need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on accessing the boot menu or changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website.
If you do not see the USB or DVD media device listed within the boot options, you may need to reach out to the PC manufacturer for instructions for temporarily disabling Secure Boot in your BIOS settings.
If changing the boot menu or order doesn't work, and your PC immediately boots into the OS you want to replace, it is possible the PC had not fully shut down. To ensure the PC fully shuts down, select the power button on the sign-in screen or on the Start menu and select Shut down.
On the Install Windows page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then select Next.
Select Install Windows.