SOLVED

How to revert from Windows 11 to Windows 10

Copper Contributor

For the record, I didn't use the official insider program update. Now, my build is going to expire, and it tells me to update yet there are no updates. How could I revert back to Windows 10?

7 Replies
How long it has been since you upgrade to Windows 11?
If it was 10 days or less, then you may open Settings and go to System->Recovery and click on Previous version of Windows to rollback. In case it has been more than 10 days since the upgrade or the option is disable, then you won't be able to rollback, and you have to reinstall the Windows.
best response confirmed by MeeIIs635 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MeeIIs635 

Only trial versions have an expiration date , so you can install Windows10 , only by performing a clean installation of Windows10 ( which will remove all settings , personal files and applications ) of course you can reinstall them if they are downloaded in the Microsoft store.

It certainly requires experience. This is the official link:

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Hello,

If you're on stable build, that doesn't expire. Only Preview Builds have expiry date. Can you let us know your build number.

If you're on stable release, you can downgrade using this guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-downgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-10

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

@Kapil Arya It's a Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview. 

I'm going to do a reset on my PC.

I can't reset due to missing/modified files.
News: I can not reset my pc due to missing/modified files.

@MeeIIs635 

No!

You can only install Win10 using the USB installation media.

Resetting to the initial state will not do anything.

This is the instruction from the link I shared earlier:

"Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

Before you download the tool make sure you have:

An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
A blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
When burning a DVD from an ISO file, if you are told the disc image file is too large you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media."

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MeeIIs635 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MeeIIs635 

Only trial versions have an expiration date , so you can install Windows10 , only by performing a clean installation of Windows10 ( which will remove all settings , personal files and applications ) of course you can reinstall them if they are downloaded in the Microsoft store.

It certainly requires experience. This is the official link:

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post