How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

Bronze Contributor

How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

1,325 Replies

SEO Hooks Started new Projects so purchased Windows 11 but the team doesn't know the features.

I just got the update to 10.0.22621 and the option disappeared.
To set Windows 11 to "never combine taskbar buttons," navigate to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar behaviors. Here, change the "Combine taskbar buttons" setting to "Never" to ensure each window appears individually on the taskbar. https://yojanaworld.in/andhra-pradesh-berojgari-bhatta-yojana/

This doesn't help all the time and still leads to an unstable situation where Windows 11 will repeatedly and randomsly gow back and forth to group and ungroup icons in the taskbar tray depending on if you exceed a certain set number of open files or close one or two. It's frustating because sometimes even when you don't increase the files that are opened it will suddnely and randomly decide to group them, but a few seconds later it ungroups them. I just saw this happening while writing this comment, though I was not doing anything to those files. This happens even when there is a large amount of open taskbar space that shouldn't necessitate the groups action. Has anyone else experienced this? @netpoint935 

@BrianJ2290 "This doesn't help all the time and still leads to an unstable situation where Windows 11 will repeatedly and randomsly gow back and forth to group and ungroup icons in the taskbar tray depending on if you exceed a certain set number of open files or close one or two."

Yes, while it works correctly most of the time for me, occasionally it will suddenly put half my icons in the overflow bar, even though half my taskbar is empty.  No idea  what sets this off, but the fix seems to be shutting down all my programs and then reopening them. 

@MSRX92 The behaviour you are describing suggests that you have the combine taskbar setting set to "when taskbar is full", if so change it to Never.