How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

Bronze Contributor

How to let windows 11 "never combine taskbar buttons"?

1,317 Replies
bump. such a shame not fixing it for 9 months. doubt they care about users. such a big panel, why should I group couple of windows after all? why should I do two clicks instead of just one? it's a sec of time, but multiply this sec a million times, how about that? also this huge taskbar eats like 6% of horizontal space while it could use just 3. so **bleep** wide and cannot be made smaller.
Is there anywhere in this thread where Microsoft weighs in or are we just all whining to each other?
Do you think Microsoft employees work with multiple windows? If so, they are probably stupid, because it is extremely annoying to switching between windows in this way!
Bring this feature back!!!!!
I can't believe that you removed "never combine" option. I want to see all my files and folders on taskbar. I (and many other people I guess) used to work that way. The new design is not usable, user needs are ignored here.

i need to oncombine my bar 

This is killing my productivity, please bring back "never combine" feature, I'm begging you.

@eryondon 

Hi, I have a question why you marked this answer as (Best Answer) we are all waiting for the justification of your decision!

Andrzej1_0-1649019312406.png

Microsoft! Please bring it back!

@huali1405  Please bring this feature. Having icons grouped together, requires one additional mouse click when changing between windows of program of same kind. This makes my work less streamlined and also makes me not want to use Windows 11 at all.

Why would they not leave the choice to us if we want to combine or not? Ridiculous! So inefficient to work on windows now. Bring it back please!!

@A1 

Sorry, I'm new to `techcommunity`. 

But he's pain point is same as mine. My work productivity affected by this as well. Worst thing in Win11, otherwise I love it.

@eryondon 

I understand, but marking the best answer is an important thing!
Please write a private message to the Manager to remove this marking.
It's a bit funny that in MTC an employee recommends a clean installation of Windows10 to the public.
But I also use Windows10 at work
Thank you for your reply -> Good luck

As a professional developer I can't quite believe this design choice by MS. This is a major efficiency killer in my work. Unfortunately my work computer is past the option to rollback to Windows 10.
It's pretty crazy to be stuck with Windows 11 and this pain. I can't even see all my open windows when the taskbar is full, unless I Windows+Tab.
Seriously MS, what were you thinking?

@huali1405 

Please add this feature for windows 11 (like in windows 10)

I honestly can't believe this idiocy continues without any fix. Microsoft, are you completely braindead ?

I am just one more requesting this feature back.

Usually I have several windows opened and Is getting difficult to find the right window.

Tried other alternatives from 3rd part but they crash the taskbar somehow.

Please consider getting this feature back.

@huali1405 

It seems Microsoft employees only get small screen laptops. I have two 32" 4K monitors. I don't see any reason why I should combine me taskbar items, for example VS Code instances. Sometimes I have 3-5 instances open at the same time. As I have plenty of taskbar space I want each instance have its own icon when dragging files from one instance to the other. This is how my workflow is supported. Not having this option lead to Windows 11 being uninstalled from my machine after 4 hours of working with it as it does not give me any benefits but prevents my workflow

This is ridiculous, this reduces my efficiency by dozens of percentages.

Please stop touching things that are actually important and pivotal! The lack of this feature alone is enough to make me want to go back to Windows10 !

@Pernille-Eskebo, please bring this feature back!
If I wanted to use MacOS I'd buy a mac. The taskbar is now no longer a taskbar but a plain and simple dock. The taskbar has been the defining feature of Windows for the past 25 years, Microsoft, why are you so intent on removing a beloved feature? There's absolutely no excuse. Your UI design department has been an abject embarrassment since Windows 8 and yet you keep hiring inexperienced people to design a fundamental feature used by billions of people. Stop.