How much data required to download Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 (co_release)

Copper Contributor

what is the size of Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 (co_release)??

16 Replies
Around 4 to 5 gb and you need not to download at once, take your time and fell free to use your pc.

@Ajaym99  Can I pause it for now and turn off my PC then continue it tomorrow? Please reply as soon if possible if you can. I'll appreciate it. Thank you.

@Ajaym99

ahh...It takes only 4 to 5GB?

That is awesome...

All this time I've been thinking It will take up to 65-70GB...

LOL!!!!

Thanks a lot for the information you gave...
cause it has helped me a lot.
not only me, everyone who sees this...
around 5 to 6 gb data is required to fully installed Windows 11
no, you don't turn off your pc after installation is started
can we put it on sleep
If you are going via Windows Update, it would automatically download after selecting Dev then restarting the computer. If ISO, it would ask you to press "install" to start and you should not put it to sleep. It will automatically restart.

Also note if you go Windows Update, you can press not now when the prompt comes to restart and press the power button on the start menu to "restart then shut down"!

so its not 20-30gb? all in google said it was like 30gb, i only have 159gb left in my ssd ( because i use laptop that doesnt have good performance as build pc )

@Iamzero 

Hi Lamzero,

It's around 4 to 5 kb to fully install Windows 11 excluding updates and other stuff.

Shawnloveshorses161_0-1641655513099.png

See image ^^

Roughly it should be few hundreds MB or less...
Yes you can but sometimes it gets stuck on 0% on resuming...

@Ajaym99 Hi, I was looking in Chrome for how large win 11 install is. In the bullet style line items your response showed as 4 to 5 KB which had to be wrong. Looking at your response in techcommunity it is GB I copied the pertinent stuff and is pasted below:

How much data is required to download Windows 11?
It's around 4 to 5 kb to fully install Windows 11 excluding updates and other stuff.

How much data required to download Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0 ...https://techcommunity.microsoft.com › td-p
Search for: How much data is required to download Windows 11?

Figured you might want to know. If not, just ignore it. Take care. 

More than 1 gb as I was downlaoding it and my 1000 mb was finished just for 50% so I think it is about 2GB @Krish_Lohchab