SOLVED

Help me! Problem with Office 365 PRO Plus with Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19041! Error 0x80070005

Brass Contributor

Please help me, I'm stuck!
I installed the latest updates of Windows 10 Enterprise to version 10.0.19041 build 19041 from MSDN but I have a serious problem with the recognition of my Office 365 PRO Plus subscription.
The system shows me an error mask attached and I can no longer use Office 365.
I tried to completely remove Office 365 and reinstall it but without success.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

9 Replies

Hello,

Can you please translate the error message to English, so I can help you. 

Regards.

There was a problem installing the product key. If the problem persists, try restoring the Office product. System error 0x80070005

I have scrupulously followed the instructions found on the internet page relating to the topic but unfortunately I have not solved my problem.
I would like to specify that:

1. I have 5 personal Office 365 licenses made available by my company
  2. At this moment, checking the subscription status on the web on the personal account page, there are only 4 activated licenses (one of which is the one I am trying to activate)
  3. I tried to remove the license on both the server and the client and then carry out the installation process again without solving my problem
  4. The only thing that I have not been able to do is update Office 365 to the latest version because there is no possibility to perform this update on the company PC. I specify that I am administrator of the pc but I don't know if it is possible to carry out this update in another way.

In order to better analyze my problem, go to the images of the errors found and I provide below the English translation of these messages:

1. Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product. Restore the Office application from the Control Panel.
  2. There was a problem installing the product key. If the problem persists, try restoring the Office product. (System error: 0x80070005)
  3. Microsoft Office 365 plus subscription cannot be verified. Word was unable to verify your Office 365 subscription. Verify that you are connected to the internet and restart the application.
  4. No other Office licenses associated with (email address) found

I want to thank everyone for the attention and speed with which you are responding to my problem but as you can understand right now I am a bit desperate!

Thanks to all!

best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Information: I finally solved my problem!
Not being able to manually update Office 365, I downloaded the offline version from the monthly channel and more precisely the version "16.0.12730.20270".
That way, after trying twice to log in, the system recognized me correctly.
Thanks to everyone for the prompt answers.
Best Regards

@FCatalano 

If the 0x80070005 error started after updating Windows, you can fix the issue by updating the registry.

Notes: 

• WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. 

• Before making any change in the registry, please back up your registry.

1. Close all Office apps.

2. Right-click the Windows button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen and select Run.

3. In the Open box, type regedit, and select OK.

Select Yes when prompted to allow Registry Editor to make changes to your device.

4. In the Registry Editor, expand HKEY_USERS and select S-1-5-20.

5. Right-click S-1-5-20 and select Permissions.

6. Select Add.

7. Type the logged in user's name, select Check Names, and then select OK.

8. Select Advanced.

9. In Advanced Security Settings, on the Permissions tab, select the user you just added, and then select Edit.

10. Under Basic permissions, select Full Control, and then select OK.

This takes you back to Advanced Security Settings.

11. In Advanced Security Settings, on the Permissions tab, select NETWORK SERVICE, and then select Edit.

12. Under Basic permissions, select Full Control (if not already selected), and then select OK.

This takes you back to Advanced Security Settings.

13. In Advanced Security Settings, select the checkbox named Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries form this object and select OK.

14. Close Registry Editor and restart any Office app to try activating again.

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Admin

I had solved the problem but unfortunately there is a script on my company PC that downgrades me to version 1808 (build 10730.20264). With this version of Office 365, my subscription is not recognized.I tried to put @Abigail05's suggestions into practice but I can't find the user "NETWORK SERVICE". I'm stuck again :( 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Information: I finally solved my problem!
Not being able to manually update Office 365, I downloaded the offline version from the monthly channel and more precisely the version "16.0.12730.20270".
That way, after trying twice to log in, the system recognized me correctly.
Thanks to everyone for the prompt answers.
Best Regards

View solution in original post