Have not been able to Update to current versions since Build 21390.

Copper Contributor

I was away for two weeks.  When I came back my three computers were waiting for restarts.  I updated without issue two of the computers.  The third with a MB from ASUS Z490, would not update.  Additional requests for restarts were acknowledged by me and each time I would receive the same Error Code 0x80004005.  I then got requests to download and Install the update for Windows 11.  Again numerous attempts were done to Update to 11 on this computer.  I did do an audit as to the ability for this MB to run 11.  Being told that I needed to install the TPM Chip, I talked to ASUS and they stated to enable TPM through the BIOS.  I did that and the audit showed NO issues with this computer to run 11.  I have done 10's of restarts and still am running Build 21354.  Any Ideas what this computer's issue(s) are?

I have included a copy of the Update logs.

More information:

My Issue is very consistent.  My computer goes through the download and Install process and then informs me that a Restart is Required.  Previously After restarting, I would get a blue screen (Not a BSD) stating Updates are Underway and almost immediately show 50% complete and hang there for about three minutes.  My computer would then restart and show in the lower right corner that I was still running a Windows 10 build 21354.  I would investigate the Update and Security Section and constantly see the Following:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80004005)

Yes I have checked various Websites that reference this Error Code.  A site suggested running "Rufus" and then selecting an update file.  This resulted in My build number going from 21390 to 21354.  I read on the feedback Hub that 21390 may not take the Windows 11 update.  But alas even resorting to 21354 is giving me no joy.

Now I stated consistently.  Until this morning where my computer stated that it was at 41% and restarted after three minutes at 41%.  I noticed that my two laptops are requesting restarts as it appears that MS has released an new update 10.0.22000.120 that might account for the difference in the Per Cent complete before my computer bails and restarts.  The Question I have what is the Update process previously doing at 50% and now doing at 41%, so that I can do some analysis as to what is different about this computer versus my Laptops that is preventing this computer from completing the update process?

0 Replies