''go back'' button is not working

Copper Contributor

So i am trying to go back to windows 10 (from windows 11) i am clicking to ''go back'' button from *system> recovery* and i click on it is show like something is loading and nothing happends... Some help...unknown.png

20 Replies
Having this exact issue myself.
Clicking 'Go Back' the mouse changes to the 'loading' icon for a second then nothing.

This needs fixing asap considering the 10 day window users have to roll back to Windows 10.
**Please keep a note of the BitLocker recovery key; it will be essential for it. You can find it at aka.ms/myrecoverykey**
1 .Win+L
2. While holding the Shift key, go to the power icon and click "Restart."
3. Then advance startup menu appears, and there will be a "Troubleshoot" option.
4. Go in Troubleshoot>Uninstall Updates>Uninstall feature update.
5. Then, if the uninstall feature update is available, you will be able to go back to windows 10.
6. Congratulations! You are now on windows 10:party_popper:
I hope this might be helpful.
same issue with me as well . I click on the go back button loading icon appears for half a sec then nothing happens. Need a fix to this asap

@BlazerZ29 You can try the solution mentioned above. It helped me.

@tibiy same problem with me.... need some help :sad_but_relieved_face:

@tibiy 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community!

What you should also do is send feedback about it in the Feedback Hub app (Windows Key+F) with recorded diagnostics and also share the link of that feedback here so others having the same problem can upvote the feedback in order to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

I am telling you to do this because I think it is a bug.

@tibiy  I have the same issue

I don't have the desire to go back to Windows 10 as I like Windows 11. But, I tried it anyhow to see if I had the same result as others on here are reporting. I did have the same result as others. As someone else mentioned report it on the Feedback Hub so it might get corrected before the next Dev build release.

I also have the same issue, although i liked windows 11 very much, but it still has two many bugs and i cant run one of daily use software so i have to go back to windows 10.
shade, can you confirm, this method is working properly and if i do it my data will not be wiped?

Hi, I was facing the same issue. After some research I found a solution. I got back to Windows 10 without any data loss. To help you all I also created a tutorial. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIpNbtdlOjY

In this video, I will be showing you how to roll back to Windows 10 even if your "Go Back" button doesn't work. (Without losing data, after 10 days!) How to go back to windows 10 from windows 11 Go back to windows 10 from 11 Go back to windows 10 this option is no longer available Go back to ...

@SaadZaeem My windows settings and other stuff like docs and downloads remain intact, right?

@BlazerZ29 All the apps and files which were on Windows 10 would stay there. But if you did install something new on Windows 11 may be deleted. 

Yeah as Saad said. All the apps/date should still remain when you revert back to Windows 10. It's as if you never left. However anything such as apps, data, programs you added to Windows 11 will not come over back to Windows 10 with you.
If there's anyone who still cannot fix this problem. Incase you missed tutorial on the top here's the link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIpNbtdlOjY
Yes Indeed.
i m back on windows 10 but in windows update it is still showing the option to download windows 11 what do i do to remove that
You have to opt out from the Windows Insider Program
Yeah as Saad said. You have to opt out or go to the setting that says "stop getting preview builds" or if you want only Windows 10 preview updates go down to the Release Preview Builds.