Forgot Pin and trying to reset but window closes before I can get a reset code

Copper Contributor

I just bought my new PC and it comes with Windows 11 Pro. I configured the PC apparently with a log in PIN that I don't remember. I found the process to reset the pin [settings>account>Sign In Options>I forgot my pin.

The screen pops up, I go through the process , enter my microsoft account email and password and it sends the reset code to my recovery email account. But then the window where I'm supposed to put the reset code closes by itself. I redo the process and do get a reset code on my recovery email account but that code is not valid. 

I tried this like 10 times trying to go faster, it feels like it has a timer that starts and if I exceed it the window to reset the pin closes without letting me finish the process.

I can log in with my face but would like to get the PIN sign in option setup.

Thanks

1 Reply

@pe00100 I found a work around. Instead of letting the PC use your face to log in, try using the PIN with the PC locked. From there follow the "I lost my PIN" process and these are the exact same steps as if you go from 'settings>accounts>log in options>forgot my pin' but in this case the window actually waits for you to get a recovery code. My problem is fixed now, just have to follow a different path