failled to update windows insider

Copper Contributor

Hello ,

I am on windows 11 insider Dev channel, and i cannot update to the next build. I have tried troubleshooting and it doesnt work. 

It is like it trying to up date forever. The red line goes from left to right, again and again and again none stop.

Finally at a pointed it says something went wrong try to reopen settings later have tried many mnay times. 

Screenshot (598).png

Screenshot (594).pngScreenshot (595).png

7 Replies
Hii
It also happened with me but I got rid of that.
You can also try what I did. The things that I did are:
1. Checking your network.
2. sfc /SCANNOW, try running this in your CMD by opening it as administrator. It will verify your windows files.
3. Go to C drive > Windows Folder > Software Distribution and delete the files inside the download folder. Once you did it, try checking for updates (Its very much safe to delete the folder).
4. Last but not the least, leave the insider program and rejoin. You might have to reset your PC.
Thank you for the help but didn't work
Kindly post it on feedback hub. They will help you or wait for the next build.

thank you for the advice the next build has come but I cannot update to it

Hi @veronika1580 

You can update in place with ISO, but you may need to follow this step, please analyze this:

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Flight Hub - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

hi will I lose all my data ?
thank you

@veronika1580 

You will not lose if you check the settings to leave personal files, but the applications will be removed and you need to reinstall them.
If you select ->Nothing in the configuration (everything will be deleted)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Docs

Try an in-place update first.

"

In-place upgrade with a Windows Insider Preview ISO
Download your chosen ISO from the Windows Insider ISO page by saving it to a location on your device or creating a bootable USB.

Open File Explorer and go to where you saved the ISO. Select the ISO file to open it, which lets Windows mount the image so you can access it.

Select the setup.exe file to launch the install process.

During setup, select the Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps option."

If only a clean installation is necessary, then download the version of the Beta Channel - which is more stable, only in this way you can lower the Insider channel.