Failed update Windows 11 Insider Preview 22458.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Copper Contributor

As with a few other post, I am also having problem updating my windows 11 build.

22458.100 is not installing. After reboot I get a DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG and it BSOD. 

I'm running a Alienware 15 R4 with 16G memory, the latest BIOS and two added drives.

If you need more information feel free to contact me. 

Thank you.

Current OS

Edition Windows 11 Enterprise
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎6/‎28/‎2021
OS build 22000.160
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.160.0

5 Replies
I am not getting any error.. but the changes get undone.. after restart

@gauravkhurana I'm having the same issue here. Windows is trying to update to 22458.100 version for weeks. After I restart my PC to update, the windows get stuck during the initialization. After, the PC restarts again by itself without the updates complete. And this loop goes forever.... Downloading, instaling, restarting.... Downloading, instaling, restarting....

Hello,
I got the same issue. I'm using a Lenovo (Legion Y540 IRH).

Last week my old computer updated and I figured out that this update filled up my harddrive and crashed..
And now i have i machine telling me it is Windows 11pro but looks like Windows 10 and is not working...
It seems that this Update actually overfills and trigger some sort of file protection, ergo rebooting? And then starts automatic recovery and reboot indefenetly untill you cancel filecheck on boot up. 

Can someone confirm this?

-em-