Error installation Windows Server 2022 Insider Preview - 0x80070001

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've got a new PC and I want to install Windows Server 2022 Insider Preview.
I've tried to install it with a Ventoy Usb Key, that doesn't work so I tried with a new bootable usb key.

But, when the process of installation begin, I have this error code : 0x80070001.

I've searched on Google the solutions and I just found to reset the bios and I make it but the problem persists...

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 with 

• Intel CELERON G1820T 2.4GHZ
  • 8GO RAM
  • 320GO HDD

Thanks in advance for your help

Friezer

5 Replies

Hello @A1 ,

I want to try but I don't have any operating system installed on my machine.
I will see to install Windows Server 2022 or Windows 10 in stable version and try with this method but I will be surprised if it works even for the primary installation of Windows.
I'll come back to you in a few days to tell you the evolution.
Best regards,

Friezer

@Friezer 

No, I thought you had a stable version of Windows Server - that's why I proposed an in-place update, , I think this is the only option -> to install a stable Windows Server and then update.

Accessing trials and kits for Windows Server - Microsoft Community Hub

Windows backup or restore errors 0x80070001, 0x81000037, or 0x80070003 - Microsoft Support

"0x80070001 (Invalid Function)This issue occurs when you try to back up a specific library or when you accept the default settings in Windows Backup and Restore."

@Friezer 

But still try to start a discussion in the space below - there are people who will help you :)

Windows Server Insiders Community (microsoft.com)

The Windows Insider Program for Business

Hello,
Thanks for your help but when I try to install a stable version of Windows Server/Windows 10 I have the same error everytime.
I tried all the possibilites but Windows don't want to install on this PC.
If you have a solution, I will be grateful.
In waiting a stable solution, I will install Debian and make a Windows Server VM...
Best regards