DTS x app not working under Windows 11

Brass Contributor

.....Windows Store opens briefly for a nano second then closes when I try to buy the DTS X license.

8 Replies
Are you able to open other Microsoft App?
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Restart your PC and try again.
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/microsoft-store-doesn-t-open-126a875d-8b72-def1-...
Windows updates don't work either
Open start and search for cmd or Command prompt and then type the following command:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and let it runs.

Done that 4 times (5 times now),found no errors but Windows updates fail.

Windows 11 is a mess atm.

Safe mode does not work  my Asus tuff 27a monitor gives a blank screen when restarting in safe mode.

My PC has a clean bill of health.

Sigh.

The last two Windows insider updates refused to install.

Try performing a Clean Boot and see if the problem persists?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

Clean Boot did not work as well.

Safe mode is working again after I replaced my Display Port cable with a HDMI cable.

Updates failing though.

PC still works without the two new big updates.

Try Safe Mode with networking and try Windows Update and see if the problem persists?
Are you using Dev or Beta build?

@DarrenMcMS 

Spoiler
Warning to the reader: This is a solution guide designed for Asus equipment, I don't know if it works on other brands; but the experience will be yours you can try.

Hello, I have an Asus TUF F15 and I have had the same problem update after Windows update (especially the cumulative ones) so after researching and asking in forums, I enter doubtful links that take me to pages of drivers not available on the web (they require a mandatory app download) and failing every internet method, I decided to get down to business on my own.

It turns out that Asus users have a support page for us to be able to download components to our PC such as drivers, BIOS and extra software like DTS: X Ultra in my case.

Ok, let's figure it out.

1. The first step is to enter the page. Asus Drivers Page
    (I'm from Mexico so you may have to change the <mx> to <us>).
  2. Enter the model of your PC in the search engine or select the model.
  3. Your pc is shown on the right, click on "Drivers and utilities" just below the model name.
  4. Select the CPU model and the operating system (OS) you use.
  5. Now you will have a complete list of drivers and tools and another to download the BIOS & FIRMWARE of the device. Find the Audio Drivers and download all of them.
  6. Go to the download folder and install all the drivers before restarting the PC.
  7. Restart the PC and open DTS: X Ultra again.

Now if that doesn't work what I do is in step 5 instead of downloading only the audio drivers I download all the drivers from all the sections (Networking, Chipset, Audio, Graphics, Pointing device and Bluetooth) and install all following the remaining steps.

I don't know exactly why it works, but I suppose that some drivers work as a complement for others and are linked so when reinstalling all of them are updated evenly.
You can try combining sections of drivers so you don't have to download everything again. The weight of all is about 1.40GB.

Postscript: I recommend downloading the drivers again update after update because that way we make sure we always have them updated.
I hope it helps you.