DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after installing Build 19603

Copper Contributor

The error I get is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It started after installing Build 19603. 

I have recently installed Build 19608.

Problem continues.

Created a feedback but no activity or response from that.

Seems to happen when connection to internet using any browser (edge, Chrome, Firefox).

Not right away but after a few minutes of activity.  If I connect and let it sit nothing happens.

Only after doing several searches and related activity does it hangs up and then crash and restart.

If connected to internet and doing non-browsing functions (downloads) the problem does not seem to happen.

My feedback is listed as a problem: Build 19603.rs_prerelese.200403-1523 Blue screen. Using nbeausoleil@hotmail.com.  There are some .dmp files I uploaded. Not sure if they are what is needed or something else should be provided.

Windows 10 Insider Preview 19608.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Successfully installed on ‎4/‎15/‎2020

Windows 10 Insider Preview 19603.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Successfully installed on ‎4/‎9/‎2020

9 Replies

I had the same experience, 2 days later I have finally got my system back online.  I ended up with a complete loss of winload.exe.

Definitely has some bugs in that build haha.  I think I am going to sit this one out and wait for the next build to come through.

I do have the same problem some times even at Windows startup processes. Still unable to resolve this.

Any suggestion, please.

@nbeausoleil We are ware of the issue and have a tracking collection for it.  Can you share the link to your feedback? Once you share it, I will add it to the collection.

-Eddie

Not sure this correct. The share link from my feedback. If not, let me know. May need assistance if this not correct.

https://aka.ms/AA88gc5

@Eddie Leonard I have also shared similar feedback in the Feedback hub, can mine also be added to the collection?  I see several others out there with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after build 19603. 

Yes, that's correct.  It is part of the collection.

-Eddie

@nsonde1977 Yes if you send me the link I will be sure it's in there.  We are trying to make sure any we see are added, but sometimes we may miss one.

-Eddie

@Eddie Leonard 

I also have the same problem.

Made a feedback in Feedback Hub, this is the link to my feedback - https://aka.ms/AA88t65.

It's still a problem in Build 19613.

@Eddie Leonard  Problem has been fixed after update to Build 19619.