SOLVED

Downloading Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO gives me ISO of a stable windows version

Silver Contributor

Some days ago, I downloaded ISO of Windows 10 insider preview fast ring to run it on my virtual machine but when I installed the OS it was a stable release version(version 2004) and not the Insider fast ring build.

2020-04-02_LI.jpg

5 Replies

@TheShaunSaw 

Get it from this link instead. If you look on the main public page for the Windows 10 ISO, there is a link to get it from the Windows Insider site, under More download options.

Annotation 2020-04-02 144524.png

Really, I selected that option and went to the webpage as depicted above but nowadays it does not download preview iso and the stable one.

@TheShaunSaw 

You should have got this page, where build 19041 is offered.

Screenshot_20200403-114526_Chrome.jpg

best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Sorry, I misunderstood your original post.

There is no official current Fast Ring ISO offered. You would have to make your own Fast Ring ISO, or upgrade from 19041 and create a bootable USB Recovery Drive for the current Fast Ring build. You could then use the Recovery Drive USB to clean install.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Sorry, I misunderstood your original post.

There is no official current Fast Ring ISO offered. You would have to make your own Fast Ring ISO, or upgrade from 19041 and create a bootable USB Recovery Drive for the current Fast Ring build. You could then use the Recovery Drive USB to clean install.

View solution in original post