Does anybody know a safe Facebook video downloader for PC Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm looking for a good Facebook video downloader for my Windows 11 computer. I've tried several before, but none of them seemed ideal. Either they had too many annoying ads, or they were not safe enough to use. I mainly want to download some tutorial videos for offline viewing and learning. Can anyone recommend a tool that is both safe and stable? I hope it's easy to use and virus-free. If you have any good recommendations, please let me know. Thank you very much!

15 Replies

@ValentinaMoreno 

Hey, I just had the experience of looking for a safe Facebook video downloader. I used a tool called All Video Downloader, which I think is pretty good. It is suitable for Windows 11, easy to operate, and has not encountered any security issues so far. I mainly use it to download some fitness and cooking videos, which is very convenient.  I hope it can meet your needs!

@ValentinaMoreno 

When it comes to talking about Facebook videos downloader tool, I sometimes use a web service called savesrom.zi This method is really straightforward. You just copy the URL of the Facebook video and paste it into the download box on their website, and you will immediately get a download link. It is very simple to use, especially when you are in a hurry to save facebok video in HD quality.

However, although this web service is quite convenient, I would still be careful. Because it involves pasting the link to a third-party website, security is an issue that cannot be ignored. 

@ValentinaMorenoWhen you are trying to get answer from Google, the search result is full of online Facebook video downloaders. Please be careful with any of them, especially the free one. They will collect your personal information and push you to download risky staff. In my opinion, it is more safe to try a desktop facebook video downloader instead.

@ValentinaMoreno 

If you want to download videos from Facebook, I really recommend using a browser plugin called "Video Helper" - a safe and best online Facebook video downloader tool for Windows. I use this myself because it's super convenient. This plugin supports Chrome and Firefox, and it basically adds a small icon to your browser after installation.

When you see a video you like on Facebook, just click on the icon, and it will show you a list of videos that can be downloaded. Select the video you want, and it's almost just a few clicks to start downloading. I have downloaded a lot of videos with this, and it works great for both teaching and watching videos myself.

However, this plugin also has its shortcomings. For example, sometimes the download speed will be affected by the speed of the network and become slower, especially when the video file is larger. Also, it may sometimes fail to recognize certain videos, especially those embedded in certain types of pages. This requires manual adjustments or trying other methods to download facebook videos.

wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files from the web. It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, and it can be used to download files through these protocols directly from the command line. It can be used as facebook private video downloader with HD support.

To download Facebook video via wget, the first step is to copy the url address of Facebook video. After that, install wget utility on your Windows 11 or Windows PC. Finally, open the Command Prompt app and input the following command to save Facebook videos to your computer:

url -o video.mp4 "VIDEO_URL"

This command fetches the Facebook page content, extracts the HD or SD video URL, and downloads it using wget. Note that Facebook's HTML structure may change over time, so the script might need adjustments to continue working correctly.

@ValentinaMoreno 

I personally have experience using browser developer tools to download Facebook videos, and it works really well, especially for someone like me who is a bit tech-savvy.

I once saw a very interesting video on Facebook that I really wanted to save. Since I didn’t want to install any Facebook video downloader software, I decided to try using developer tools to download it. The process is actually easier than you think: I opened the developer tools by pressing F12 on the video page, and then switched to the "Network" tab. Then, I played the video so that the tool could capture the network requests for the video file.

Among the many network requests, I found one with a video file format (usually MP4 or MPEG). I copied the URL of this request, pasted it directly in a new browser tab and visited it, and the facebook video started downloading.

Although this method does not require any third-party Facebook video downloader software, it does require some basic technical knowledge, such as knowing how to use the browser's developer tools and how to identify network requests for video files. If you are willing to spend some time learning the technical details, this is definitely a safe and effective download method.

@ValentinaMoreno 

If you’re like me and prefer to work on your phone, there are actually easy ways to download Facebook videos. I’ve used an app called “Facebook Video Downloader Full HD 1080p” to download videos on my Android phone and it worked pretty well.

The app is very straightforward to install and use. I searched for it on the Google Play Store and after downloading and installing it, the interface is very intuitive. You just log in to your Facebook account and browse to the video you want to download, and the app will automatically give you the download option. I remember using this app to download facebook video from a friend’s party that I wanted to keep as a souvenir, and I had no trouble with the whole process.

@ValentinaMoreno 

Sometimes downloading Facebook videos can be a real pain. When all the usual downloading methods don't work, I turn to screen recording software instead of looking for a Facebook video downloader tool. Although this method may sound a bit of a backup, it can save some emergency situations.

I used OBS Studio to record videos, which is free and easy to use. I would start the video I wanted to save on Facebook, and then set it up in OBS to make sure that only the video part was recorded and nothing else was recorded. Then I started recording while the video was playing.

This method is indeed convenient, but it also has some major drawbacks. For example, the video quality cannot be guaranteed to be as clear as the original video, especially if the screen settings are not ideal. Also, if there are other sounds during the recording, such as WeChat message sounds, computer prompt sounds, etc., they will also be recorded.

@ValentinaMoreno 

Did you know that Facebook's "Save Video" link in the ellipsis menu isn't actually for saving the video to your local storage? Instead, it saves the video to your "Saved Videos" section on Facebook, where you can organize it into collections to watch later. However, if the video owner deletes it, you'll no longer have access to it.

To download a Facebook video to your computer, follow these steps: First, click the three-dot ellipsis menu on a video and select Copy link. (Note that this option may not be available for private videos.) This will redirect you to the mobile version of the page. Then, right-click on the video in the new tab and select Open link in new tab. In this new tab, you'll see only the video, and you can right-click again and select Save video as to download it to your PC.

In short, this is the best free Facebook video downloader solution you can try first!

@ValentinaMoreno  If you are you using a Chromium-based browser like Edge or Chrome and tired of relying on online Facebook video downloaders? Consider installing an extension like Video Downloader PLUS, which can be added directly to your browser. This Facebook video download with HD support provides a convenient download button that appears directly on the video if it's available for download. There are numerous other extensions from various developers that offer similar functionality, allowing you to customize your experience and find the one that works best for you.

Staying ahead of Facebook's ever-changing code to block online downloaders can be a challenge. As of October 2021, FB Video Downloader remains the most reliable option for effortlessly downloading Facebook videos. You can access this tool on your computer, Android, iPhone, or iPad. If FDownloader isn't working for you or you'd prefer an alternative method, you can still download the video by utilizing the "View page source" feature in your web browser. This approach may require a bit more effort, but Facebook video downloader online is still recommended as the more straightforward solution.

After downloading is complete, you can find the video in your default downloads folder. Look for the file with a ".mp4" extension. If you choose a lower quality setting than the original video, we recommend selecting "Render" first, followed by "Download". Rendering may take a bit longer as FDownloader performs some additional processing in the background.

@AlisonHarvey 

I definitely don't recommend online Facebook video downloader for PC because I've had some issues with these online services before. First, security is a big issue. These sites are often full of pop-up ads and possible malware links. A few times, after I clicked download on these sites, not only did the video not download, but some suspicious ads popped up or prompted me to install some unnecessary software. This made me doubt the security of such services.

In addition, the dependency of these websites also made me a little worried. Once, I needed to download an important facebook video file, but the website suddenly became inaccessible and displayed a server error. This instability made me feel very inconvenienced in an emergency.

I have used VLC Media Player to download Facebook videos hd 1080p before, and it feels pretty reliable. Let me share the process.

Once I saw a particularly interesting video on Facebook and wanted to save it. But I didn't want to use those messy facebook video download tools, so I wanted to try using VLC to get it done. The steps are actually not complicated:

Steps:

1. Copy the URL of the video in the browser.
  2. Open VLC and select "Media" > "Open Network Stream".
  3. Paste the URL of the video and click "Play".
  4. Once the video starts playing, select "Tools" > "Media Info".
  5. Copy the URL in the "Location" field, then paste and access it in the browser.
  6. Right-click on the video and select "Save As" to download.

Hopefully these methods will help you successfully download Facebook videos to computer without using third-party tools.

@ValentinaMoreno 

The FasttVid Android app is a specialized tool designed to help users download videos from Facebook directly to their Android devices. Here are the key features and functionalities of the app. It allows you to download videos from your Facebook feed, pages, groups, and more directly to your device.

This Facebook video downloader app also features a simple and intuitive interface and easy for users to navigate and download videos quickly. What is more, it includes a built-in video player to watch downloaded videos directly within the app.

However, the free version of contains ads, which some users might find intrusive. And its full functionality requires logging into your Facebook account within the app. As with any app that requires login credentials, there might be concerns about privacy and data security.

@ValentinaMoreno you can try this light-weight Online Facebook Video Downloader

Tool which is Safe and ads free. access it from https://fbdownz.com.