Cumulative Update for Windows 11 (10.0.22000.100) (KB5004300) - Error 0x800f0900

Copper Contributor

Been getting this error since I first installed the preview build. Error 0x800f0900. Anyone else with this issue?

57 Replies
If possible attach the link from where you downloaded so that I can check if it's virus free.

Yeah this one happens on windows 8.x and other versions of windows. Dont know why it occurs, but is annoying when it does.

Yes it's safe and it comes from Microsoft Insider Server
Just ran the setup it goes till
Your pc may restrat multiple times
And at 20% crashes
and says Windows 11 update failed
If it said " Your PC may restart multiple times " it means it was trying to install the whole Windows 11 again thinking you are on Windows 10, This what has gone wrong it was trying to install all the updates you have already installed and then it planned to install Build 10.0.22000.100. Don't try to install that way again or else it will take up the disk space.
What we have to do is only download the update files for Build 10.0.22000.100 and not the whole Windows 11 OS as we have it already. The iso file was trying to install the whole OS again and then update it so that's what was gone wrong.

Sound like you need to go back to windows 10 and then reinstall windows 11. I think its corrupted the DLL file, not 100% sure and i maybe wrong. So dont take my word for it :smile:

I solved it guys
Put the ISO in rufus and in 16 gb flash drive
and ran the .exe through the drive
no issues
cumulative updates installed succesfully
if anyone needs help
message me
But now my issue is fixed I am able to download from Windows Update settings, so now I don't need iso file

@TheWardenX How much data will require for cumulative update for windows 11..i already updated windows 11 but, this update is showing 121 gb i am confused

Do u have discord ?
I will guide u properly
I am not very sure about that. i dont like the idea that you dont require an restart to update/upgrade to a new version of Win11. I feel this could create more issues then fix them in the long run.

I wouldn't recommend doing this at all