core insulation driver incompatible

Copper Contributor

I am not able to activate the Core Isolation by Windows security, it accuses the driver ftdibus.sys as incompatible and asks for it to be resolved before proceeding.
I am not able to solve it following this topic or in other ways.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isolamento-de-n%C3%BAcleo-n%C3%A3o-consigo-ati...

I participate in the DEV channel Insider.
Build 21359 co_release .210409-1536

17 Replies
Hi,
that driver is 3rd party, most likely belonging to FTDI Ltd company.
check your installed software and drivers, find the driver or software installed on your computer and remove it.
Hello. I have the same thing! Will there be an error if I do not delete, because a lot to browse devices - how do you advise what to do?
Hi,
if you don't remove the incompatible driver, then you won't be able to use memory integrity.

Now I checked some of the computers on some is fine, and on the other shows the old Intel driver, which is not traceable. I do not think that memory integrity does not work = nothing indicates this except information that takes into account the old registry to a file that does not exist - History update drivers it also does not show! I leave so and do not want me to worry about this: ! https://support.microsoft.com/pl-pl/windows/ochrona-urządzenia-w-aplikacji-zabezpieczenia-windows-af...

I would add that very often notifications do not-confirm the actual state of security processes, which creates more layers without showing all running processes, it also causes unnecessary anxiety - that there is a vulnerability, and the state of the processes is valid!

If that's the case then search in your computer for the problematic file that WD is mentioning, sometimes it's a DLL file, or INF etc. and delete it, then check for incompatible drivers again in memory integrity.
Thank you. It's a pity my time for such fun! As someone has 1 device then let him look and check - as I remember Microsoft updated the integrity of the kernel system and everything OK! But thank you very much for your help this is valuable to me - Thank you!
Sure, you're welcome :)
I had a problem with one of my drivers too, was a software driver for my mouse, uninstalled the software but one single DLL file was left behind, after deleting it manually and restarting, memory integrity let me turn it on.
I certainly would have done so, but this is an Intel driver trusted provider, so I leave the subject - but actually an unknown DLL file requires intervention and it is as correct and advisable as possible to remove it!
Yup, drivers can be signed and trusted, just not compatible with memory integrity :)
Perfectly, I think that in such a situation in Windows 10 is 40% of computers, but that does not mean that users have to manually search and delete, because it would be excessive concern and unjustified - because most susceptibility lies in introducing elevated permissions for unauthorized objects!
That's why it's off by default. it's best to turn it on when you install Windows fresh with no 3rd party software/driver.
This discussion will be able to reassure many users, because so much experience and knowledge that you represent in this forum - presents objectively this important issue! Thank you Andrew
Anytime ^^

@Nasatto Since the last Windows update I have a list of drivers which now stop Core Protection working, all was fine previously. It's a pity Microsoft don't offer more assistance in updating drivers as users don't always know what they are or what purpose they serve. I could remove the drivers but then Windows or some component might stop working. It is easier to just ignore Core Insulation and leave it , but I suspect some will way we shouldn't do that either even though it is my preferred option and see if some future Windows Update will fix the problems. I can check the manufacturer's website but it doesn't say there is a newer version. There is also software out there that will update drivers for a fee, but there are plenty of negative reviews about them all. For something so intrinsic to Windows it's a pity there isn't more help and advice. I don't know who the manufacturer's are for some drivers and they are part of an oem***.inf file. I am fairly computer literate but how is the average "press the on button and just do something" user supposed to know how to update drivers?

ftdibus.sys

ssdudfu.sys

VIA_USB_ETS.sys

lv302a64.sys

LVUSB64.sys

LV302V64.sys

LVUSB64.sys          (part of oem110.inf)

mbtusdser.sys

Win10Pcap.sys     (part of OEM37.inf)

lv302a64.sys

LVUSB64.sys         (again)

LV302V64.sys

Win10Pcap.sys (Daiyuu Norori, Japan)

Th manufacturer's website for the ones I do know say they are up to date anyway and whatever devices they are, are working. Thankfully my PC works just  fine if I never have Core Isolation switched on, so maybe that's the way forward. 

@Nasatto 

Sorry - from a .pdf file sent to me by FTDI company Customer Support Engineer David - Brilliant and thanks! - definitely solves the problem.

Sorry illustrations missing - no way of uploading file.

FTDI USB-Serial Converters – Re-installing Drivers
This document describes how to remove the drivers for all FTDI USB-Serial converters from your PC, allowing you to install the latest driver for all converters.
This has the following advantages:
 Avoiding having different driver versions for different converters connected to your computer.
 Avoiding conflicts between different versions of the driver which could occur when loading a new driver without un-installing the older one.
 Removing COM port numbers reserved for converters no longer connected to your computer.
This procedure will un-install the driver for all devices on your system with the Vendor ID of 0403. This includes most FTDI USB-serial converters. Other products connected to your system which use the FTDI chipset with the standard FTDI / Connective Peripherals Vendor and Product IDs may also be un-installed.
This procedure is provided for information only. FTDI / Connective Peripherals accept no responsibility whatsoever for any problems or consequences resulting from its use. Users requiring further information should consult the CDM Uninstaller user guide and the installation guides provided for each OS on the FTDI website.
Step 1 - Removing the Drivers
Disconnect the USB cable of your FTDI converter(s) from the PC before running the uninstaller.
Create a folder on your desktop called CDMuninstaller. Then download the driver uninstaller from the link below and save it into the folder you created.
https://ftdichip.com/utilities/#cdm-uninstaller
Unzip the CDMUninstaller program.
Right-click on the file CDMuninstallerGUI.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’ to ensure that the program is run with administrator privileges. You should see the window shown in Figure 1 below.
Figure 1
Leave the Vendor ID as 0403 and delete the entry 6001 in the Product ID box to leave it blank as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2
Then click the ‘Add’ button and the window will look like Figure 3 below.
Figure 3 Shows: "VID_0403PID_" in white box,
Finally, click ‘Remove Devices’ at the bottom of the Window and the drivers for all FTDI converters will be removed. You will get one or more message boxes popping up (see Figure 4) to confirm this.
Figure 4
Once the drivers have all been uninstalled (the large text box will be blank again like Figure 1 above and the status message will be back to ‘ready’) you can close the program.
You can now proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 - Re-boot the PC
It is best to re-boot the PC at this stage before installing new drivers. You should not connect your USB-Serial converter to the PC yet.
You can now proceed to Step 3 to install the driver.
Step 3 - Installing the latest drivers
Do not connect your USB-serial converter to the PC USB port yet.
Download the file from the link below to a convenient location on your PC.
https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM212364_Setup.zip
Un-zip the file to extract the executable installer CDM212364_Setup.exe (for example, this can be done by right-clicking the downloaded CDM212364_Setup.zip file and selecting “Extract All…” ).
Right-click on the CDM212364_Setup.exe file and select ‘Run as Administrator’ to ensure that the program is run with administrator privileges.
Windows may display the warning below. This is just to notify you that you are running a file which was downloaded from the internet. If this appears, click ‘Yes’.
Figure 5
The driver install wizard will appear a shown below. Click ‘Extract’ to proceed.
Figure 6
Windows will now extract the files provided in the setup program.
Figure 7
Click ‘Next’ to begin installing the driver.
Figure 8
You must review the license terms shown before installing the driver, and then select the appropriate radio button. By proceeding with the installation, you confirm your acceptance of these terms.
Figure 9
The wizard will then show the drivers being installed.
Figure 10
Finally, the following screen will show that the drivers were installed correctly. Both items have green ticks next to them and have status ‘Ready to use’.
Figure 11
The driver files are now on your system, and installation of any FTDI products will complete automatically using this latest driver when they are connected.
You can now connect your USB device and wait for Windows to install it as a USB Serial converter and associated USB Serial Port.
You can now proceed to Step 4 to verify the installation.
Step 4 – Verifying the Installation
Once Windows indicates that the device is installed, you should see the USB Serial Converter in Device manager. An example is shown in Figure 12. Note that for some products, the description may have been customized and so the text descriptions may not match the ones circled below exactly.
The device will show under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section. In most cases, it will also show under Ports (COM & LPT). This depends on whether the Virtual Com Port (VCP) mode is enabled.
Figure 12
Some application software requires you to enter the COM port number assigned to your serial adapter. This can be found under the Ports (COM & LPT section). In the example in Figure 12, the adapter was assigned COM16.

I got an updated ? driver I got it last night I think I got to go back each driver I am guessing supports 2 cores I was just glad to find one its a older driver but seems to be compatible I hope its the report get the numbers now x.x.x.5171Release date: February 5, 2021Size: 198.53 MB think that's it supposed to be two that snappy driver thing dam like a jack in the box I expect it. I think that helped that core thing they took way page go check on two incompatible drivers I got one scan memory seemed good no fluctuations I did think about just deleting them see what popped back up. The core page not available no more I guess people was look at it I get other driver see wonder if the setting stabilize memory integrity or something could not engauge because the drivers

@Robert_RAHTECH 

That work for me! Thanks!