“Check for Updates” Button gone

Copper Contributor
My check for updates button is completely missing on build 21327. Further, after doing some digging, I don’t even see the windows update in the registry. Has anybody run into this? This is, obviously, a problem.
9 Replies

Hello @Jack_Kelly,

You can try manually creating Windows Update registry key. So that registry location becomes HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. Then manually create and SetDisableUXWUAccess registry DWORD and let it remain 0. 

Let us know if this helps!

@Kapil Arya 

Thanks, Kapil. Apparently, there have been two recent updates, one of which seems to have fixed a couple of my machines (out of the 4 with problems). So, it appears that the updates are coming even without the "Check for Updates" button, which I was concerned about. Two of the machines now have the button. I will see how the other two go and will use your registry tweak if there is a problem.

Thanks very much Kapil. I will let you know.

Jack

Thanks for the update Jack! I believe it is temporary issue and should be resolved with updates. Feel free to reach us anytime, if you continue to face the problem. If you like, you can also report it to Feedback hub.

Regards.

@Jack_Kelly 

Glad issue have been solved just I would like add a note that when you or anyone else faced such a issue make sure file a bug report through the Feedback Hub app in that state, so Windows team would be able to investigate and prevent such issues in future.

Cześć
Przepraszam ale problem nie został rozwiązany !
nadal na kilku komputerach nie ma przycisku na innych jest !
Mnie to nie przeszkadza bo to dla mnie jest drobiazg - bez znaczenia bo funkcja
Update działa i nie wpływa na urządzenie !
Dziękuję bardzo
I did leave a message in the feedback hub but didn’t get a response. You folks have all been wonderful. Thanks everybody.
Witam
Zgłoszenia do centrum opinii to podstawa !
Jednak nie spodziewaj się odpowiedzi - to praktycznie jest nie wykonalne z powodu ilości
opinii na które trzeba przesyłać do konkretnego użytkownika !
Oczywiście grzecznościowe podziękowania są przesyłane do użytkownika !
Pisanie na forum jest ważne i pomaga !
Dziękuję

Cześć
Od dziś dodatkowy przycisk aktualizacji Windows 10 w Ustawieniach Powrócił !
Było to spowodowane pobraniem nowej aktualizacji Edge
Wersja 89.0.774.57 (Oficjalna kompilacja) (wersja 64-bitowa)
Poprawiono przepływ danych i u mnie jest OK !

@Jack_Kelly 

it was a known issue and was fixed in build 21332

• We fixed an issue where the status information was not being displayed under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update when you were up to date.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/03/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-213...