Cannot Leave or change Insider Channel

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am currently in the Dev Build for Windows 11 Insider (last update Windows 11 Insider Preview 23451.1000 (ni_prerelease)). I am trying to leave Windows Insider but I cannot switch my Insider channel or select the option to unenroll when the next version of windows releases. This issue has been going on for months. I had a chat with Microsoft support (Case #:1053384493) and was told to post here as they could not help me. I would really appreciate a fix to this that does not involve a complete reinstall of Windows 11. Thanks.

ruff1233_0-1684081054345.png

Best,

Paul

3 Replies
Can you try removing current WI account and add a different account, see if you can change Insider channel then.

What happens when you click 'Unenroll this device immediately'?

@ruff1233 

What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

"It is important to note that when switching channels, Insiders can’t switch to a channel that is receiving builds with lower build numbers without doing a clean installation of Windows 11 due to technical setup requirements."

hi, the switch does not work because , unregistered does not install the stable version of Windows, already for 2 years you need to completely remove the Dev version. to install a lower version of Windows.

The switch works in the Beta channel.

@ruff1233  

For safety, please remove the insider account address - this is a public forum.