Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎21/‎07/‎2022
OS build 22000.1516
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1516.0

Lenovo ThinkPad Workstation
32 GB RAM

Hi there, 
I am unable to install an update since July last year.
It will download successfully and go through the motions of doing the install...
It will restart as required.
Then what I would expect to be the last restart, there is a solid circle - as opposed to the "dotted" / normal (please wait / loading) circle.
This solid circles stops being animated and the update does not continue.
It will sit there (stuck) for as long as I leave it.
Powering down / up the PC - sees Windows attempt the update another time - but this also fails.
After the failed 2nd attempt - the previous good install is reinstalled, successfully.

I have asked for help via the Feedback hub, many times and have not received any response yet.
So I am writing here - in the hope that I might get some help.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Feedback Hub does not provide technical assistance. It only if you've joined Windows Insider Program and running Windows 11 Insider Preview Build on your device and report issue back to MS.

@gavinbaumanis1010 Hi,

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Please download the Windows11 installation assistant - it's a safe way does not change the settings and does not delete personal files.

If there is an error - enter the error code :)

Hi @A1 / everyone,
Sorry it has me so long to get back in touch
I have tried using the installation assistant, as suggested - and the result is the same,
If I HAVE to... I can reinstall - but I am trying to avoid that if I can as I have a lot of apps installed / configured / Work VPNs etc...

@gavinbaumanis1010 

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

After completing this step, try updating Windows.