cannot get out of Windows Insider program

Copper Contributor

My laptop restarts every few days for installing new updates and does it without my consent. I can do nothing with it. I cannot to leave insider program

dexis01_0-1671294505844.png

8 Replies
What exactly happens when you click 'Leave the program now' here:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/leave-program

Hi @dexis01 

Don't bother, it's a common problem!

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

If you install a stable version of Windows, everything will be fine , but you have to make copies of the files , since everything will be deleted.

A clean install of Windows is a quick solution :)

Thank you for the answer) I know this solution, but I hoped someone knows easy way

The fact that you have to wipe your entire system to get rid of the Insider updates is completely unacceptable. I mean TOTALLY unacceptable. I have had to disable both the insider and update services because your latest update trashed my system and the only way I could get back on was to restore to the most recent restore point. THAT'S UNCONSCIONABLE! There should be a way for me to shut this off without having to completely rebuild my laptop! I've had to restore to a restore point FIVE TIMES because there's a problem with the update. At this point, my only solution was to disable updates until someone at the Insider Program gets in touch with me to figure out why all I get is a black screen and a pointer arrow when I reboot after an update. Please provide an email or link when I can discuss this more directly with someone.

@KarenGrube 

Hi, only an in-place update can help, unfortunately the restore point maker can't save all the Insider version files, so the problem can fix -> only after overwriting the next version, the ISO should fix your system :)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

MTC is a public forum, no one from Microsoft will contact you (do not trust private messages, only official answers)

Best regards

@dexis01 

If the switch worked, maybe you would have a stable version in October 2023, exiting Insider does not automatically install a stable version of Windows.

If you're on Twitter, you can reach out to Windows Insider team at @windowsinsider. Hope this helps!